• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Guys...I don't have time to go over this thread to see if this has been covered but I just got some info from a fairly reliable source (outside of the Wake community) that Manning has turned us down. We are doubling our efforts on Smart. This is a guy I trust but it is not first hand.

I would put that in the FWIW corner.
lol

Guys...I don't have time to go over this thread to see if this has been covered but I just got some info from a fairly reliable source (outside of the Wake community) that Manning has turned us down. We are doubling our efforts on Smart. This is a guy I trust but it is not first hand.

A part of me wants to see what exactly will happen if Manning turns us down.

If true, this will be incredibly embarrassing!

Anyone else know anything?

Please be true. ReWAKE the Shaka dream!

Because he's gone to the NCAAT 4 times, the Sweet 16 twice? Because he has much better resume than Manning?

Heck, [Redacted] had a better resume than Manning at the time.

What?? Three straight bad losing seasons at Colorado was a better resume than a conference championship and NCAAT at Tulsa?

#triplingdown

Rock Chalk Blog ‏@RockChalkBlog 1m
Danny Manning has an offer to coach at Wake Forest. #kubball
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Basketball Guru ‏@OleBballGuru 2m
Tulsa Head Coach Danny Manning to make decision tomorrow on whether he will remain Tulsa HC or accept the vacant HC job at Wake Forest.

Who knows what to believe?

Rick Short ‏@rashort 6m
Reason for Danny Manning to consider Wake Forest pic.twitter.com/OcXc0iY2TL

I will say that a lot of us heard last night that there were no guarantees that Manning would accept, so...just thought I would fuel that fire...

Battle gets a one year contract and Wellman is fired on the spot.

That should be what happens.

Fuck it. Let this guy coach for a year and see how it goes:

wakefgjkl.jpg

Same guy told me that the "coaching fraternity" (whatever the hell that means) is in agreement that the Wake job is the worst opening out there right now. Recruiting restrictions and the state of the program are the reasons given.

I can not stress this enough...please put this in the FWIW category. This is not info I would state my life on.

Back