• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

This is pretty funny.

Adam Bridgers ‏@AWBridgers 1h
When Wake Forest fans see Danny Manning in Winston pic.twitter.com/O1JgdUaz1g
Reply Retweet Favorite

Stanford Robinson
Kam Williams
Devon Reed
Jon Severe
Another guy
Some other guy
Probably another guy in there too
Miles Overton

Fuck it. Let this guy coach for a year and see how it goes:

wakefgjkl.jpg

When was this taken? The stands are full...

Same guy told me that the "coaching fraternity" (whatever the hell that means) is in agreement that the Wake job is the worst opening out there right now. Recruiting restrictions and the state of the program are the reasons given.

I can not stress this enough...please put this in the FWIW category. This is not info I would state my life on.

keep-calm-and-burn-it-down-13.png

Skins vs. Twitter

This should be good.

Guys...I don't have time to go over this thread to see if this has been covered but I just got some info from a fairly reliable source (outside of the Wake community) that Manning has turned us down. We are doubling our efforts on Smart. This is a guy I trust but it is not first hand.

I would put that in the FWIW corner.

If we werent "doubling our efforts" from the beginning, then what the fuck

By the way to answer some PMs that I got.

I promise I am not trolling. Like I said, this IS NOT first hand info so it might very well end up not to be true. But it comes from someone who definitely has sources and from someone I trust.

Can we get Terry Holland as our new AD? He did some pretty good things at ECU including getting them into the AAC before he retired. The Big East had repeatedly turnrd down ECU and its percieved small market but he was relentless in pushing for their acceptance into the conference. He fought an up hill loosing battle but in the end won. At.that point of course the AAC was desperate for schools becsuse of the ACC raids, but we need someone like that. We need someone who knows we have limitations but who fights to overcome them. Some one who wants to better our athletic program and who dosn't just settle for the same old same old, or worse tears down the program. No more LOWF hope I used it correctly.

This is a circus. An unbelievable yet undeniable circus.

It is not really a circus unless Manning actually turns the job down. It was a very quiet search with little to no info released until Manning emerged as a lead candidate. I am not thrilled w/ the end game, but hard to label it as a circus.

If you are referring to this thread then that is a different story all together.

So much to like about Manning.
1) Grew up on ACC ball in the golden age. Understands the passion.
2) Dad was a coach. Have always liked coaches kids as coaches
3) Played for a storied program in college
4) Had an NBA career and showed remarkable toughness with injuries
5) Independently wealthy. Does not need this shit or the shit he is getting here
6) Knows what it takes to be a winner
7) Proud of his parents and his family
8) Loves the game and mentoring young people
9) A local kid who has not forgotten his roots
10) Greensboro Page High School loves him and that's good enough for me

So keep on bitching and moaning. Stay in the past with Dino and and redacted. The Vast majority will support and we will be good again. And as for Wellman, Id like a show of hands from the bitches here who have ever been involved with an important hire. It ain't easy and there are always doubts. It's the way it works. But After you make the hire you add the team mate and get to work making things better.

I know there are plenty of parts of this search that make no sense, but why would Manning fly all the way out to Wake, just to say no on the spot?

Back