• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

What do folks think we've offered Manning- the same as Bz was making, around $1.4 million?

In 2011. That's probably $1.6+ in 2014 dollars and for a coach not coming off 3 straight losing seasons. Either way, it's a huge bump above the $1 million being discussed at Tulsa.

Wrong.

I'm tired of you ignorant Millennials coming on this thread, saying you don't know who Danny Manning is, and therefore displaying your outright ignorance about college and pro basketball, and then telling everyone who the next coach at Wake Forest should be. You are ignorant. Not only do you have no context or history regarding Danny Manning or the the NCAA tournament, you didn't watch much Kansas basketball over the six years he was an assistant coach there, because every time they show a KU game, the announcers talk about Danny Manning.

I also think some of you are lying when you say you don't know who Danny Manning is.

What about Mookie Blaylock? Have you heard of him? They played in the same NCAA championship game. Blaylock had a slightly less celebrated NBA and college career over the same time period. And they played on the same Hawks team. If you haven't heard of Mookie Blaylock and Danny Manning and say you're a basketball fan, you are an ignoramus.

It's not that we don't know. I honestly don't care if he was a great player. I want a hot named coach. That he is not.

It's not that we don't know. I honestly don't care if he was a great player. I want a hot named coach. That he is not.

That's fine. Just don't tell me you don't know who he is and then pretend you know what you're talking about.

It's not my place to say. Let's just say it was a big mess. I've heard some really, really bad things from people deeply connected with the program. It hasn't made it into the press, but it was bad. Bad.

It was "bad" is all we have ever heard. And we also don't know who the story is coming from. So how can anyone put any weight into what you or they say?

If true, that's gross incompetence. But not astonishing.

Again, it's a number thrown out by a Tulsa reporter. Our own insiders have indicated the number was $3 million. Not even Ron is that dumb.

Oh man. I feel sorry for that guy. He is going to be so disappointed with Burger King's limited menu options that don't include burger's from McDonald's. More like Burger Jester.

They have been stealing McDonald's menu items as of late...including the McRib and the Big Mac. Say hello the Big King.

Big-King-from-Burger-King.jpg

At least we know we only offered Shaka $2 million now instead of $3 million.

how did i miss this. is it true? holy s. turning down 2 per with recruiting restrictions and moving to a new city to work for wellman and hatch to stay in a place you like for 1.5 ish is much easier to do that turning down 3. if it's true what a failure.*

said before but i will say it again. if you are not going to try and earn the bball revenue the ACC TV deal is throwing our way you are insulting every other team in the league. just admit it and leave now.

*(missed some of the other response - not that ron and co messing up would have been a surprise. it's his go to move after all)

Last edited:
It was "bad" is all we have ever heard. And we also don't know who the story is coming from. So how can anyone put any weight into what you or they say?

How close are you to the program? The people who have told me about the unspeakable things Dino was responsible for are VERY close. And the stuff going on under his watch was VERY bad. It's just not my place to say exactly what went on. Needless to say, it was a big mess that had to be cleaned up at whatever the cost.

What does being a basketball fan have to do with the original name of the band Pearl Jam?

How close are you to the program? The people who have told me about the unspeakable things Dino was responsible for are VERY close. And the stuff going on under his watch was VERY bad. It's just not my place to say exactly what went on. Needless to say, it was a big mess that had to be cleaned up at whatever the cost.

#sources

This unknowable unspeakable tarnish on our program( and not being able to talk about it whatever it is) is why the administration should TRY and be as HONEST and FORTHRIGHT as possible with the fan base.

Back