• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Austin Barber ‏@AustinBarbs 5m

@BloggerSoDear Danny Manning just walked into IMG Downtown.. Deal done?

ETA: I have no idea what that means.

It means he has to go kiss Ben Sutton's ass now.

This really feels like a late night hookup as the bar is closing between the only two people left

Not the only two left. Russell Turner and Jeff Capel are just in bathroom!

If Wellman isn't taking care of this and, instead, is drawn to his NCAA job, who's handling DM today? Buddie?

I'm at work and don't have time to read much...do we have a yes or no? Still just a "lean"?

This is a Debbie Yow-esque performance.

I hear there is another guy working at ESPN Ocho with some head coaching experience and multiple NCAA tournament appearances under his belt.

Numbers, get serious -- they're not going to wait until next Tuesday to announce Manning as the coach.

Hard to believe that $$$ is the thing that sways Manning. Did he just piss away all he made in the NBA?

Yeah, if there's one thing we know about people, it's that the more money they make, the less they care about making more money.

Just so I can fit in with all of those who can believe things in spite of all evidence to the contrary, I'm just going to choose to believe Shaka Smart is actually the coach for Wake Forest. I mean no disrespect to whomever is ultimately saddled with the job, but it makes me happier this way.

In Dallas at the convention. Wake has a booth at the Sheraton trying to attract coaches. Was told Wellman will be manning the booth from 3-7.

This is in that gray area between sarcasm and actually believable shit our administration might do.

Back