• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Yeah, because rich people never want more money. And it's not like he has publicly played Wake and Tulsa against each other in the press to drive up the price or anything. Oh, wait. Damn.

Notice how people only say things about athletes not doing something for the money?

Doesn't sound like a player's meeting has been called.
Cayden McFarland ‏@caydenmc 25m

Also, two @TulsaHurricane players say they know of no meeting with Manning tonight.

Uh oh.

Notice how people only say things about athletes not doing something for the money?

You don't know any public servants, do you? I know tons, and they don't do it for the money. My wife's one of them.

Where is Howland, surely he would take 2 million.

Agree Goolsby. We're gonna spurn a HOF coach that went 3 straight Final Fours and has won big everywhere he's coached for someone with 2 years head coaching experience who had under a .500 record 2 months ago. Hire Howland!

Well this search is playing out about as poorly as possible. Can we go back to two weeks ago and try again? RESET BUTTON

Doesn't sound like a player's meeting has been called.
Cayden McFarland ‏@caydenmc 25m

Also, two @TulsaHurricane players say they know of no meeting with Manning tonight.
Lol, he's really gonna turn us down, isn't he?

I mean, there's a difference between looking at Kobe Bryant making $20M/year and being like, "that guy is selfish," much like you could say the same thing about a banker banking a comparable year-end bonus, versus having an understanding that most people do work because they like earning as much money as they can.

WEW3ZG1.gif

You don't know any public servants, do you? I know tons, and they don't do it for the money. My wife's one of them.

I was talking in context of rich people in sports. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

I think Manning will be okay, maybe great. His biggest problem is he's not the coach we thought we deserved and were promised.

Absolutely. For many, this is more about who it isn't than who is actually is.

Sorry if this has been discussed but this thread moves too fast for me.

RW's close to the vest search is a thing of the past. The only person not talking is him.

I mean, there's a difference between looking at Kobe Bryant making $20M/year and being like, "that guy is selfish," much like you could say the same thing about a banker banking a comparable year-end bonus, versus having an understanding that most people do work because they like earning as much money as they can.

I think you're on the same wave length as me. It's strange to say Danny Manning who somebody here said is worth $7M wouldn't be worried about $1.2M vs. $2M in a sports world in which billionaire owners and university presidents are trying to make a dollar anyway they can.

I hope this does fall through. If this is the case, several things:

1) How was this approved? 2 million dollars for a coach with 2 years of head coaching experience is insane.
2) Fuck Danny Manning--he was clearly just playing this to stay at Tulsa
3) I hope the ensuing disaster shows Hatch & co. that shit needs to change

Sorry if this has been discussed but this thread moves too fast for me.

RW's close to the vest search is a thing of the past. The only person not talking is him.

And Shaka. Shaka's spoken with his silence though.

Back