• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

If Wellman somehow landed Shaka, I would completely forgive him for the last 4 years, instantly.

I'd almost even pretend that this was Wellman's plan all along. I'd clap at his retirement at halftime of a game where he presents an ACC championship (or better) at least.

Parrish writing a story about Mack possibly to Wake means either (a) even the best follow leads that aren't true or (b) Wellman has even the top college bball guys in his pocket.

Ryan Nobles ‏@ryanobles 4m
So far.. @MarcDavisSports local sources are "skeptical" of #ShakaSmart to Marquette rumors.

Parrish writing a story about Mack possibly to Wake means either (a) even the best follow leads that aren't true or (b) Wellman has even the top college bball guys in his pocket.

I would be pretty surprised if it's the latter. Wasn't Parrish one of the guys who a.) burned him badly for the [Redacted] situation and b.) burned him badly for the bracket seeding?

That "He's being targeted for sure" line from a source sounds EXACTLY like the way Wellman said for sure about 10 times during the Buzz presser. This has got to be strategic. Also because every time Wellman said "for sure" it was usually after feeding us one of his complete bullshit lines. It's his tell.

That's some impressive detective work.

I don't know why any coach would have friends he "texts with" if it becomes obvious that his texts, or lack thereof, become internet fodder. Unless it's part of a strategy to put out smokescreens, which I highly doubt. How long are you going to be friends with a guy when you're revealing private info? That's why I'm dubious about so many of these leaks that are personal/friend related.

Back