• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I was under the impression Jeff Goodman had shot down the idea Miller might leave:

rjkarl (Huntington Beach)
The Archie Miller extension announced yesterday. Does that mean he's unlikely to talk to Wake or Marquette?

Jeff Goodman (11:33 AM)
That is correct. Archie isn't going to Marquette, Wake or BC.

Since this is the coaching search thread and not just the Shaka thread, do we think that if we offered Archie somewhere just south of 2MM he'd tell us no? Obviously a fall back which works well considering he's still playing and we should know Shaka's answer in the next 24 hours. But if we are going to ignore MIKE WHITE like a bunch of donks, Archie would be cool with me.

Why?

BTW, Richmond is home of the largest cigarette maker - Phillip Morris. So it smells like tobacco on rainy days there too.

Reynolds American moved all of their production to Tobaccoville. No more tobacco smell.

I just couldn't imagine that if we offered him something Wednesday morning that it wouldn't be either accepted or declined by COB Friday. Could be wrong about that and I know he's methodical and all that jazz but there is a certain professional courtesy.

Let's crank this bitch up to 1MM views.

They still do R&D there, right?

I could swear the smell is still around.

That smell is probably baked into all the walls, trees, etc. It will never fully be gone.

They still do R&D there, right?

I could swear the smell is still around.

Yes, the pilot plant is still there as part of the R&D facilities. I haven't noticed the smell. Maybe I just haven't been over there at the right time.

I just couldn't imagine that if we offered him something Wednesday morning that it wouldn't be either accepted or declined by COB Friday. Could be wrong about that and I know he's methodical and all that jazz but there is a certain professional courtesy.

It all comes back to Wellman's statement yesterday. It was either a smokescreen and Shaka said yes. Or it was an indication that Shaka made two calls yesterday, turning down Marquette and Wake.

The bottom line is that Ron Wellman doesn't have to say anything right now, but he strategically chose to speak to Dan Collins yesterday afternoon. The question is why.

I think Archie would cost just north of $2M right now, but that's just throwing RJ numbers around.

http://m.timesdispatch.com/news/lat...260-b618-11e3-a7aa-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Is this that statement that everyone was wanting from VCU?

Know it could totally be blowing smoke but I'm just not getting any hopes up.

Plausible denialbility.

I never want to see NazT dance again.

2905460818_cc04d25aa8.jpg

baltimore lite

Bodymore, Murderland

I think any decent coach costs over 2mm now. Atleast any coach this board would be ok with. We are going through a repricing as the revenue models for schools in the big five conferences goes up. That's why (along with the Texas coaching search) led to every good football coach getting a raise (jimbo Saban etc etc)

Looks like Deman broke his 30 plus hour silent streak with some breaking news.

It all comes back to Wellman's statement yesterday. It was either a smokescreen and Shaka said yes. Or it was an indication that Shaka made two calls yesterday, turning down Marquette and Wake.

I think if Shaka had turned us down yesterday, we would know it by now. It may not be reported on ESPN, but it would leak out here.

richmond is clearly a better city than winston-salem, but let's not make it out to be some badass place like nyc or san fran
I guess it depends on what you're for looking in a city. I've lived in both and to me, W-S is "clearly" the better city. It's not even close.

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Beware fake twitter accounts/info

He is saying Chris mooneys name is coming up and getting traction. I hope his accuracy streak continues.

Back