• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

He also brought us Dave Clawson when people were sure that it was going to be Lembo (I like Clawson better). People were tracking airplanes all over the Midwest and Wellman threw us a head fake. And now if he doesn't land SS people will say he dropped the ball when SS just turned down his home state with Marquette and a pile of money (as well as UCLA and a few others in the past). No I am not a Wellman plant and I am glad that Bzz is gone. But the personal attacks on RW about doing things just for spite and his own pride I personally find to be just a little too much. Do you honestly think he is not trying to do what is best for the school?

Ya, agreed. Wellman's blinding love for the Bzzaster does not preclude him from also loving Mother So Dear. Even though he went to Bowling Green!!

1393464445_vzeukqe.gif

I disagree. If you've got your guy - Shaka or whoever - you introduce him to the players, hold a presser, then let him get to work on recruiting. That includes going on CBS during the MM coverage to give him and the school more exposure. Wake could own it this weekend. You don't wait. I say this as a PR professional.

Excellent point

Someone give me a quick update...haven't been able to read since last night.

I'll hang up and listen

Jesus Christ, what's with these 1990s-era forums? Between VCU's board and now that, I feel like I should be using a dial-up connection

:laugh: they're actually running nearly identical forum software to ours..

Per cookout. ...they're actually running nearly identical forum software to ours..

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman failed miserably with his last hire -- good friend Jeff [Redacted]. He needs not only to win games, but also win the news conference.

The Demon Deacons are also making a play for Smart -- and why not? While Wake won't offer the financial package of Marquette, it can offer the fact it plays in the best league in the country, and it's also had success under Skip Prosser and Dino Gaudio.

But this search is close to the vest. That's how Wellman operates. There's been contact, per sources, with Xavier's Chris Mack, but there have been other names floated around -- Tulsa's Danny Manning and even Texas Tech's Tubby Smith.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...e-boston-college-wake-forest-washington-state
I apologize if this has already been posted, but what does it say about wake?

Not much

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman failed miserably with his last hire -- good friend Jeff [Redacted]. He needs not only to win games, but also win the news conference.

The Demon Deacons are also making a play for Smart -- and why not? While Wake won't offer the financial package of Marquette, it can offer the fact it plays in the best league in the country, and it's also had success under Skip Prosser and Dino Gaudio.

But this search is close to the vest. That's how Wellman operates. There's been contact, per sources, with Xavier's Chris Mack, but there have been other names floated around -- Tulsa's Danny Manning and even Texas Tech's Tubby Smith.

Back