• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The super users are understandably quiet. Absolutely nothing is coming out of the Wake contingent at the moment. That may change as we get closer to an announcement, but the AD is very quiet.

This seems to indicate there will be an announcement ?

Is Wellman in Winston or out traveling to the tournament?

Not necessarily. Like tsy said, the AD is being very quiet. There aren;t many leaks coming out like the bzzz fire

This was fun 24-48 hours ago...but I have had enough. My wife is angry with me because my head has been buried in this computer for 3 days straight.

Not necessarily. Like tsy said, the AD is being very quiet. There aren;t many leaks coming out like the bzzz fire

Stratt, with all your contacts in the Triad you should have an inside on local developments.

Is that good or bad?

I'd be surprised at a weekend announcement. As far as how close we are, I've heard nothing concrete since the leak that we offered Shaka. Everyone is being tight lipped. As the Marquette writer posted earlier today, very few people are going to stick their neck out unless they can verify from 3 or more sources. The only thing people can agree on is that we offered. I'm still cautiously confident.

@GoodmanESPN: Xavier sophomore guard Semaj Christon told ESPN he is heading to the NBA. Story coming.

Could make Mack more likely to leave should we get down that far.

@GoodmanESPN: Xavier sophomore guard Semaj Christon told ESPN he is heading to the NBA. Story coming.

eh, Christon had informed X of this before the season began

I doubt it. Christen was gone regardless and Mack has been recruiting really damn well lately.

I still really think that the Mack noise is coming from Mack's people (which includes Goodman) rather than Wake.

The super users are understandably quiet. Absolutely nothing is coming out of the Wake contingent at the moment. That may change as we get closer to an announcement, but the AD is very quiet.

I feel like my definition of super user is different than yours. Mine is largely based on who entertains me so:

Biff
Skinsndeacs
Buckets

I just learned how to posrep and biff got one. Rest of you guys keep it up and a lot of love coming.

I never post on these boards...but what I am hearing from my pretty reliable sources is that (a) don't expect an imminent answer and (b) Shaka is definitely not our sole focus right now although he is clearly our #1 target. We are still in hot pursuit but "not myopic" in our focus...

Ahh, the accolades someone earns from offering to masturbate in public

Back