• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I think he gets a kick out of knowing some of you guys actually miss him. It warms his heart

I truly hope that I am wrong, but my gut tells me that Ron will fuck this up.

And I hate ending sentences with a preposition.

Can we please keep the fucking bickering off this thread?

THIS IS WHAT WELLMAN AND BZ DID TO US!

To quote Fight Club:

We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

I find it like not remotely possible that we hire Jay Wright, but I mentioned to wife his name was mentioned and she got VERY excited. Ladies love themselves some Jay Wright.

I dreamed last night Shaka took the job. I was there by chance and shook his hand and thanked and welcomed him. It was glorious!

Man am I glad that I went to bed last night. The Wake Forest fan base dove down into it's worse characteristic....condescension. FWIW, that has to be a characteristic of a "Wake Guy".

Ok. It's Saturday morning. We've got a Brinks truck full of money and we need a coach. Drive that truck and offer it to someone who wants it, Ron. (Just make sure he can coach this time.)

I've actually driven a Brinks truck before, I'll volunteer to drive. Just tell me where to go.

He can? This has to be one of life's great mysteries.
Yeah, admins are unblockable.

Man am I glad that I went to bed last night. The Wake Forest fan base dove down into it's worse characteristic....condescension. FWIW, that has to be a characteristic of a "Wake Guy".

never should have let the vcu guy on here. messed up the entire vibe.

So I see a lot of negativity around the possibility of Shaka coming here. Is that solely due to VT's comments? The time it has taken? Or are others hearing the same thing that VT is hearing?

So I see a lot of negativity around the possibility of Shaka coming here. Is that solely due to VT's comments? The time it has taken? Or are others hearing the same thing that VT is hearing?

Entirely due to VTWhat's comments.

I've heard from a couple different places now that we still have not been turned down and nobody other than VT has claimed he is leaning one way or the other.

I've heard from a couple different places now that we still have not been turned down and nobody other than VT has claimed he is leaning one way or the other.

I have wondered whether we would get something more definitive from a Super User, etc.

VCU has been awfully quiet too. Perhaps I am just rationalizing.

VT's comments and restlessness. People are getting antsy from no news and the comments hit at the right time.

Word from campus, Nathan Hatch and BOT interviewed a coach at 4pm on Friday.

Word from campus, Nathan Hatch and BOT interviewed a coach at 4pm on Friday.

The BOT? That seems unlikely. Maybe one or two members but if the entire board was there then it's likely a meet and greet to someone that is on board.

Back