• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I had heard, but could never confirm, that Amaker was our 2nd or 3rd option as of a couple days ago.

We're gonna swing for the fences, but if we hit a foul ball, we're just going to bunt.

Amaker doesn't fit the home run narrative.

Archie Miller is now available.

Archie was nicknamed after Archie Bunker.

Archie Bunker was played by Carroll O'Connor.

Carroll O'Connor enrolled in college at...

And we believe Amaker was our #2 option pretty much all along?

He wouldn't necessarily have to be our No. 2 so much as be one of the guys on a short list who were interested. Odds are pretty good we'd do what corporate America often does and run a series of parallel interviews. Are you interested? Yes? OK. Interview, blah, blah. You are one of our finalists. We'll get back to you. And then hey, we really appreciate your interest but we are close with another guy. If he was on that type of list this might be a signal we are getting close with another candidate. We're under pressure to get things done so this seems somewhat plausible. Could also just be one side or the other dropped their interest or that he was not on our short list anyway.

I had absolutely no idea about this until I googled it. Seriously, thanks for sharing. Loved watching re-runs of that show.

Can't believe there are no New Coach Archie, old coach Meathead posts coming. Come on guys!

My guess is that Howland wants Wake and is waiting on us before he takes another step with Marq. Shaka has the weekend to decide. If he says no, perhaps it moves quickly with Howland.

That would explain why Marq and Wake have both been so quiet for 3 or 4 days.

Great post. I'd be real happy with Miller.

Would Wake (Ron) really take Howland, given our aversion to pseudo baggage?

Back