• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I'm positive that hiring another no-name coach leading to lackluster results will cause irreparable harm to Wake Forest's future ambitions on the whole as an institution. Most alumni under the age of 40 will continue to be completely checked out. That's a huge blow to capital campaigns.

Especially if the AD plants leak that Shaka et al didn't want to come here because of billboards and rolling the Quad when Bz was fired.

I'm positive that hiring another no-name coach leading to lackluster results will cause irreparable harm to Wake Forest's future ambitions on the whole as an institution. Most alumni under the age of 40 will continue to be completely checked out. That's a huge blow to capital campaigns.

The sad part is that I'm pretty sure Wellman/AD has done close to a perfect job of handling this search, but at this point it's very likely we are going to be disappointed. I guess we don't think about it, but it's hard to get someone with a family to uproot that and move halfway across the country. Ugh.

I'd just like to point out that the Shaka's not coming to Wake rumors coincided neatly with Moonz bringing RJ to this thread.

As opposed to being the only person who has said we would have a legitimate shot versus those who said he would never listen.

Hmmmmmm.......

Pft, the majority of alumni don't know anything about the billboards. Maybe they saw something about the Quad being rolled, but doubtful.

Most Wake alums aren't up to speed on all this crap. They check in when we're winning. This is especially true now that Wake has a national profile with students coming from farther away and dispersing across the country after graduation. So if Wake has plans to keep the university top-of-mind with alumni and maintain that connection, we need to win. Otherwise we're toast.

The sad part is that I'm pretty sure Wellman/AD has done close to a perfect job of handling this search, but at this point it's very likely we are going to be disappointed. I guess we don't think about it, but it's hard to get someone with a family to uproot that and move halfway across the country. Ugh.

Well even if they did a perfect job they put themselves in a situation where the degree of difficult and the stakes were high.

That's like saying A pilot did a perfect job dealing with a tailspin it just wasn't enough. When in fact the pilot in question caused the tailspin due to a poor decision and compounded it with gross negligence.

It's really not that hard. That's what happens in sports. You want to coach, you go where the teams are.

We don't know if we ever had a legitimate shot with Shaka. And if we did, who gives a shit if we got turned down anyway. When we're getting blown out by Carolina and Duke next year we aren't taking solace in the fact that Shaka thought about taking our job.

We don't know if we ever had a legitimate shot with Shaka. And if we did, who gives a shit if we got turned down anyway. When we're getting blown out by Carolina and Duke next year we aren't taking solace in the fact that Shaka thought about taking our job.

why do you LIE?!?!?!

Pft, the majority of alumni don't know anything about the billboards. Maybe they saw something about the Quad being rolled, but doubtful.

Most Wake alums aren't up to speed on all this crap. They check in when we're winning. This is especially true now that Wake has a national profile with students coming from farther away and dispersing across the country after graduation. So if Wake has plans to keep the university top-of-mind with alumni and maintain that connection, we need to win. Otherwise we're toast.

Agree on this, but Wake is going to miss out on a whole decade of fans if we hire another shit coach

I can't imagine becoming a die hard Wake bball fan if I went to school during the [Redacted] era

Back