• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

What name is he better than that we've been kicking around?

Wojo - untested, Howland & Haith - skeletons (maybe I shouldn't have said a lot) My personal favorite is Marshall from which we haven't heard a peep. My gut says it ain't going to be Shaka but I am getting over an intestinal virus right now.

Jesus the people on this thread are manic. Have a drink and relax. Missing out on Shaka is not the end of the world.

940x.jpg

A source came up to me today at work to inform me that my fly was down. Trying to avoid a Marquette situation, I waited until 2 others confirmed the the first source before zipping up. #coachsearch2014

We're so fucked. Should have just let Bz coach another year so we didn't have to pay him to leave.

Ahhh what did I miss...?

Oh we are fucked I see. Well there is that.

Hey, so how do we feel now about Wellman delaying the inevitable for a week so he could hold that absurd farewell press conference buried on opening day of the tournament?

Hey, so how do we feel now about Wellman delaying the inevitable for a week so he could hold that absurd farewell press conference buried on opening day of the tournament?

Same as I've felt about Wellman for a bit now-- wish he'd retire and donate the past four years of his salary back to the university.

I was just thinking about that. Might've cost us dearly.

First of all, this is not going to happen. Further:

She doesn't have a PhD. At best she could get an Instructor position.

While she would (hypothetically) come in as an instructor, the Journalism "department" (where she would be headed -- not creative writing) is headed by two Associate professors, neither of which has a PhD -- Catanosa has an MA (in English, I think, so not terminal) and Niepold has only a BA.

Not sure how Wake's English dept/creative writing program is set up, but a Master's is a terminal degree in the CW world

True, but she is not exactly a creative writer, is she?

And, I mentioned this late last week, but a master's from Medill isn't really that big of a deal. The argument for HARVARD + NORTHWESTERN = ACADEMIC doesn't hold water here, guys.

Right, J-school does not necessarily equal ACADEMIC.

RJ, I respectfully disagree. In the world of academia, you do not just gift someone a professorship that way.

Agreed. And it wouldn't be a "professorship." That is, it would not be an endowed chair. It would be a (renewable) instructorship.

Paging smallsamplesizedeac... but when I was in grad school (not WFU but another SE "elite" school) back in the 90s, the Physics Department did just that by creating an adjunct position for the husband of a big-time researcher the school was coveting. Signed her up on tenure-track and threw in the position for the husband to seal the deal. The same thing happened mid-2000s with my sister - a university wanted her, so agreed to take her husband (in a different department) and carved out a position for him. I can't speak to the qualifications of the spouses who got the "gift" professorships, but it happens.

As PhDeac mentioned earlier, those are examples of the spousal hire. The important thing, however, is that the (spousal) department typically only pays half of their salary, and the dean of the hiring school pays the other half. I don't see the Athletic Department paying even part of the salary of a spouse.

Also, as previously mentioned, no way in hell would Maya Payne accept a job gifted to her on her husband's merit.

We're so fucked. Should have just let Bz coach another year so we didn't have to pay him to leave.

Ive been away, but why is it people are going nuts over "updates" from people weve never heard of with low post counts opposed to people like Goodman?

Maybe if we wait long enough coach K will die and we will have to compete against that job too. Jeeze lock something down. Jobs are opening right and left while RWs giving himself a stranger in the bathroom.

Ive been away, but why is it people are going nuts over "updates" from people weve never heard of with low post counts opposed to people like Goodman?

It's not the posters it's that it's ALMOST BLACK APRIL FOOLS AND WE HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM HOOPLA THE SAVIOR

Back