• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Can we please agree in advance that there will be no ridiculous fucking April Fools post regarding our "new coach" tomorrow?

I feel like we'll cross that bridge tomorrow if the press conference doesn't reveal any good news.

Can we please agree in advance that there will be no ridiculous fucking April Fools posts regarding our "new coach" tomorrow?

You do know the people on this board right?

Hopefully there will be quick bans in response for stupid April Fools bullshit.

jsp201401260216_bkc_minnesota_at_nebraska.jpg

Tim Miles

Shirt/Tie Combo = Deal Breaker

Good God Buzz 2.0

I have 3 degrees from wake. I was engaged with the University. I gave $. I was a daily reader of the old boards (seldom posted). I bled black and gold. I never envisioned that I not only would not go to home games, but I wouldn't watch them in the rare cases when they were televised. I stopped reading the boards, I stopped reading the journal. Hell, I haven't even checked scores over the last 2 years. Grobe's waning passion + the arrival of the Bzzz = an improbable apathy. And while I have been a Deacon fan long enough to be a confirmed pessimist in all things WFU sports, at least I am interested again. So, hopefully we get a great, splashy coach. But even if we don't, at least we are back to hoping that whoever we get becomes the next great coach. At least we have that again.

today has been the worst day for this thread. tempers flaring, bad posts, etc. i even lost my cool. within an hour the theme went from "he's holding out for more money, meeting with Wellman" to "no go, his wife said no".

if we could get some type of report. hell, disco dan hasn't wrote but one piece on the coaching search. straight lock down

No go, fo sho; ho: "no"

I just fail to see how this is going to be much different than when a company hires a key executive. They will interview 3-4 candidates. They'll zero in on one and the others will be on hold. And they'll be told they are on hold. And in this case, the odds are high the candidates will ask where they stand and will pressure us to make a decision - more so than when a company is making a key hire. Further, because we can't be dead certain the info won't get out anyway - for instance someone tied to a candidate might register for these boards - there isn't much point in lying. Hey candidate B, we really like you. We have moved on with Candidate A. If Candidate A doesn't take the job we want to move to the next stage with you. They're all big boys. They understand these jobs don't grow on trees. Their egos can take a small bruising. And if they can't, they pull out of the race.

But...

Ron Wellman.

I have lost all confidence that we will make a good hire.

Things feel pretty bleak in this thread, but I don't think it's time to panic just yet. But again...

Ron Wellman.

I feel like Ronny will call a PC tmrw knowing none of us would believe it...until it happens. And then when we realize it's an actual PC, it will be about how he expects good things from the baseball team this year.

Just to screw with us on April fools.

Danny Manning: 2014-2015 ACC Head Coach Hypothetical Steel Cage Death Match CHAMPION

Back