• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

LOL, you'd take Danny Manning over Tim Miles. Whaaa? Miles is a damn good coach. Manning is pretty much a risky unknown right now.

This. Better recruiter, too, IMO. One of the more underrated hires of 2012.

If Shaka didn't want to come here at 3 per, what is 3.5 going to do? Does it really seem like he's just waiting for the most money possible? He wants an extra Ferrari at his next job, that's what he is waiting on. Billy Donovan just got a raise to 3.7 and you want Wake to offer 3.5 or 4? I'm impressed Wake went to 3.

Yea. First, anything close to $3 million for Shaka is pretty much a doubling of his current salary. Again, he makes around $1.5 million now, at VC fucking U. If he won't accept literally double that to come coach Wake Forest in the ACC, then maybe we should start asking ourselves whether it's worth pumping up the offer any further than we already have.

Second, to be perfectly frank, Shaka at over $3 million is kind of insane. Look, I want him here too and would eRoll the quad the minute it was announced, but you're talking about giving Izzo / Donovan / Cal / K-type money to a dude who's never coached in a high-major conference, runs a system that may or may not translate successfully to this level, and just lost to Stephen F. Austin. At some point, there's got to be a better way to spend our big donors' money.

Yea. First, anything close to $3 million for Shaka is pretty much a doubling of his current salary. Again, he makes around $1.5 million now, at VC fucking U. If we won't accept literally double that to come coach Wake Forest in the ACC, then maybe we should start asking ourselves whether it's worth pumping up the offer at all.

Second, to be perfectly frank, Shaka at over $3 million is kind of insane. Look, I want him here too and would eRoll the quad the minute it was announced, but you're talking about giving Izzo / Donovan / Cal / K-type money to a dude who's never coached in a high-major conference, runs a system that may or may not translate successfully to this level, and just lost to Stephen F. Austin. At some point, there's got to be a better way to spend our big donors' money.

Sure but it's not Danny F'n Manning.

I wouldn't be mad at this hire! After saying that Chris Mack will be our next coach

Say Mike White one more time. I dare you.

samuel-l-jackson-pulp-fiction.jpg

I thought I read on here that Archie and Mike White turned us down. I'm assuming that was pure speculation, yes? I'd obviously take either of them any day over Manning.

Yea. First, anything close to $3 million for Shaka is pretty much a doubling of his current salary. Again, he makes around $1.5 million now, at VC fucking U. If he won't accept literally double that to come coach Wake Forest in the ACC, then maybe we should start asking ourselves whether it's worth pumping up the offer any further than we already have.

True

Isn't time for someone to post how well respected Ron really is? Is that more or less respected than the VaTech AD who changed the paradigm at his school and made the hire of the year. But Danny Manning might b good at recruiting...so there's that.

Donk.

The most impressive part about this Wellman massive failure if he ends up with DM will be convincing people Shaka turned us down over $3MM. My guess is Wellman fucked up so badly with Buzz he has no money with which to get anyone good and thus gets Manning cause of his own past fuckups. Note the stratts somehow know "Money isn't an issue" I call dis-information campaign fooling the rubes.

I don't think the athletic department's evil master plan was to over-promise and under-deliver, only to spur on rage when Danny Manning's name is released.

Wellman gets little credit for a leaked number of 3MM. He does get a bunch of rage at a real hire of Danny Manning.

I don't think the athletic department's evil master plan was to over-promise and under-deliver, only to spur on rage when Danny Manning's name is released.

Wellman gets little credit for a leaked number of 3MM. He does get a bunch of rage at a real hire of Danny Manning.

Considering how they've handled public outreach the past few years, I'm not sure you can totally say this, frankly.

Back