• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

This thread is a real headache in more ways than one. One comment no more questions. You have to take care of his assistants, all the facilities, travel etc.. Everything that the top programs have in place. Also, you must consider his family needs. It's not just amount more money with him.

I said it from day one. Give it to him. Honestly whatever he wants if Manning is the fallback.

Get serious or go home.

SHAKA

This thread is a real headache in more ways than one. One comment no more questions. You have to take care of his assistants, all the facilities, travel etc.. Everything that the top programs have in place. Also, you must consider his family needs. It's not just amount more money with him.

So we blew it.

LOWF REIGNS

I know everything is speculation, but at this point it looks like Va Tech, Marquette, Auburn and assuming Tennessee will all of made better hires than us. Not too mention USF also had a good hire that fell apart. Hell, it could debatable that Wazzou made a better hire when it's all said and done. Hold out hope that Archie or Mack will listen but depression has set in. What a shit show. Prove us wrong, Ronald.

I know everything is speculation, but at this point it looks like Va Tech, Marquette, Auburn and assuming Tennessee will all of made better hires than us. Not too mention USF also had a good hire that fell apart. Hell, it could debatable that Wazzou made a better hire when it's all said and done. Hold out hope that Archie or Mack will listen but depression has set in. What a shit show. Prove us wrong, Ronald.

Way to log out of your parody.

DOUBLE ONIONS!!!

So we lost Shaka bc RW came in with an amateur hour offer that didn't make wake out to be prepared for a big time coach and program. Got it.

Fire Ron Wellman Billboards need to commence immediately after his shitty hire. No breaks, no pity for the new coach, nothing to lose. Make this man's life over the past 4 years seems like a Ron Wellman Friday night lemon party and ruin his horrible life.

Well the only logical conclusion is that RJ completely ruined our chances with Shaka. No other explanation.
Ever since RJ showed up on this thread, the Shaka dream has gone to shit.

I wonder if Buzz Williams just wishes he had traded places with Cuonzo.

Ever since RJ showed up on this thread, the Shaka dream has gone to shit.

I mean the commonality in all of this shit is RJ. He loved buzz year one, BAM, buzz sucks it up and Carmelo is traded. He then changed to Buzzout because he wanted more Rep, BAM, three more years of [Redacted] just like that. He then goes full out SHAKA SHAKA SHAKA, BAM BAM BAM, his wife says Fuck NO RJ, we don't need your old balls. RJ is ruining it all. Plain and simple.

Reactions: Ayo
Not sure I'm gonna be able to handle this thread on April Fools' Day.

I think people may be attributing too much weight to the article regarding Manning. I was also rather meh on Manning but if you are a Michael White fan, you need to be able to get excited about Manning. White had a more experienced team compared to Tulsa. And Tulsa went on a tear at the end of the year with a younger team, including beating Michael White of course. They had a lot of losses early in the season but they clearly came together as the season progressed, which is what you want to see. They also finished with the same conference record as Michael White's squad. Tulsa should have a very good team next year and Manning will look even better.

Movement on the Danny Manning situation could be almost immediate.

The University of Tulsa’s basketball coach confirmed late Monday night that he has been identified by Wake Forest officials as a possible candidate for the Demon Deacons’ head-coaching position.

Presumably to discuss a new contract for Manning and salary increases for his assistant coaches, it is believed that Manning will meet with TU President Steadman Upham and athletic director Derrick Gragg. Such a meeting could occur as soon as Tuesday.

Sounds good.

If that happens say hello to coach wojo. This sucks.

I guess the only hope is if Ronald goes back to our other candidates and starts groveling at their feet. Good lord this sucks.

Back