• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The Deacon riding in with Shaka while the entire venue is raining in $ bills would be AMAZING.
Capping it off with a RW and Shaka dance.

d8EOp.gif

The only thing I don't get is the radio silence from VCU. Haven't they (or Shaka himself) always put forth some kind of hard statement about his future with the school by now? Before now?

We really need to regroup and quietly hire a search firm. They can at least keep the lines of communications from getting crossed. Right now we seem to be lining the pockets of our adversaries.

I know Deman is a very hard source to trust, but hard to believe someone mistakenly identified a 6'10 Danny Manning on campus yesterday. I think it is time to hope that we are able to land Manning as the other options are starting to get riot-worthy.

I think Ron has a contract in his desk signed sealed and delivered and this is just he taking out his pound of flesh on the maple fridge boys. He will casually announce at the press conference that details were finalized on Monday or Tuesday - and he'll say it like that, very casually as if he doesn't honestly remember whether it was Monday or Tuesday because since then he has been doing a few spa days in Asheville and had his balls waxed by a Polish masseuse named Pshemek. He'll then smile a little bit and introduce either Jay Wright, Shaka, or Howland, and once the focus is on the coach at the podium, he'll mouth almost to himself, "fuck you, fuck you all. And you're welcome douchebags."

Well, just heard from a very reliable source that Shaka isn't coming. Negotiations broke down when Putters declined to honor a 50% discount on all food purchases which was included in the original offer.

#scoop

The only thing I don't get is the radio silence from VCU. Haven't they (or Shaka himself) always put forth some kind of hard statement about his future with the school by now? Before now?

Maybe there is zero need to do this b/c Wake was never a factor in Shaka's mind & the school's only concern was Marquette.

Absent an extension, there's no need. They'll pretend Shaka never even spoke to Wake.

Shaka isn't coming. It's over. We're not getting an announcement a la Marquette because that's not how Wake Forest coaching searches work. Much like the families of Malaysia Airlines flight 370, we have to move on from this loss.

No one has died as a result of the coaching search - at least not yet.

Well, just heard from a very reliable source that Shaka isn't coming. Negotiations broke down when Putters declined to honor a 50% discount on all food purchases which was included in the original offer.

#scoop

Putters is owned by a state grad. It's a plan to ruin us

Maybe Wellman is waiting for SMU to lose so he can announce Larry Brown as HC and Danny Manning as coach in waiting. Danny played for Larry at Kansas, IIRC, so Larry would probably like the idea of mentoring him. Larry exits in two years (as usual) and Danny takes over.

I think Ron has a contract in his desk signed sealed and delivered and this is just he taking out his pound of flesh on the maple fridge boys. He will casually announce at the press conference that details were finalized on Monday or Tuesday - and he'll say it like that, very casually as if he doesn't honestly remember whether it was Monday or Tuesday because since then he has been doing a few spa days in Asheville and had his balls waxed by a Polish masseuse named Pshemek. He'll then smile a little bit and introduce either Jay Wright, Shaka, or Howland, and once the focus is on the coach at the podium, he'll mouth almost to himself, "fuck you, fuck you all. And you're welcome douchebags."

The creepy Ron Whisperer posts!

Everyone needs to calm down. There is no reason to panic until at least 10 days from when the Coaching search began.

Disagree. You try and pull what VTech pulled. Hire a guy right before the next big weekend and then sit him on the couch next to Barkley or whomever the studio or courtside guy is doing interviews all weekend long. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting

So if we announced on Wednesday, you can't put our new coach on the couch over the weekend? There's a rule about that?

Back