• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

174383.gif

If our job is so great, why aren't people quitting their current job just for a chance at it?

No one is going to want this job if Wellman is still insisting that they shy away from players like Skip and Dino recruited - one's that were great athletes with the potential to play in the NBA. If you had been hearing Wellman talking about how he's happy with Bzz's performance for 4 years and that's what he expected, and that he was cultured and we played players with high GPAs, why would you want to come to Wake?

We may need to accept that mediocrity is what we will get until Wellman is gone.

Explain the bolded portion of your statement. I am so tired of hearing this refrain from the wine and cheese crowd. There is absolutely no merit to the argument that public dissonance about the trainwreck that is/ was our basketball program made things any worse.

Of course it was the public dissonance about the train wreck that gave our basketball program such a bad name.

Oh, wait...

Hmmm, or could it be, hmmm, just thinking out loud here, could it be THE ACTUAL FUCKING TRAINWRECK?

Geez, any influence the student response could possibly be having is so minuscule in comparison to the actual Bzz disaster that it barely warrants mentioning.

Who remembers the FIRST famous "fire____.com" website? They fired Ron zook and upgraded pretty well despite having been "mean spirited."

Biff, when are you meeting with Hatch, Buddie, Casstevens, and Wellman for an interview?

Actually, it was very productive. It helped get rid of [Redacted]. Anyone who watched that Wellman presser announcing the "resignation" saw that Ronnie didn't want to do it, like, at all.

WTF, Tin Cup? If it weren't for fan mutiny, that fucking moron would still be here. Get a fucking grip. Our fans are tame by collegiate standards.

Of course it was the public dissonance about the train wreck that gave our basketball program such a bad name.

Oh, wait...

Hmmm, or could it be, hmmm, just thinking out loud here, could it be THE ACTUAL FUCKING TRAINWRECK?

Geez, any influence the student response could possibly be having is so minuscule in comparison to the actual Bzz disaster that it barely warrants mentioning.

That's been a long time theme on these boards. Talking about the problem is worse than the problem itself, so just shut up and hope for the best.

Gotta know if this "redacted" stuff is for real. I plugged some names into an online Mad Lib. Here goes:

[name redacted] ran his [name redacted] over Ron Wellman's [name redacted] creating a delightful friction. He trembled all over, arching against his [name redacted], tense with his [name redacted] for him.

"My [name redacted]," he murmured, pressing his [name redacted] along the length of his [name redacted]. "You drive me [name redacted] with [name redacted]."

"Oh, [name redacted], [name redacted] me now."

He [name redacted]ed him [name redacted]ly, bringing Ron Wellman to a [name redacted] before he [name redacted]ed all over himself.

Gotta know if this "redacted" stuff is for real. I plugged some names into an online Mad Lib. Here goes:

[name redacted] ran his [name redacted] over Ron Wellman's [name redacted] creating a delightful friction. He trembled all over, arching against his [name redacted], tense with his [name redacted] for him.

"My [name redacted]," he murmured, pressing his [name redacted] along the length of his [name redacted]. "You drive me [name redacted] with [name redacted]."

"Oh, [name redacted], [name redacted] me now."

He [name redacted]ed him [name redacted]ly, bringing Ron Wellman to a [name redacted] before he [name redacted]ed all over himself.

[Redacted].

At this point, I' m thinking our best way out of this mess is to revisit the Clawson model. He is smart with the vision and leadership skills to run a major football program successfully. Shaka the same for basketball. Now go forth and find the best coach available with this basic requirement.

That's been a long time theme on these boards. Talking about the problem is worse than the problem itself, so just shut up and hope for the best.

That all changes when we hire Danny Manning.

Womp womp.

I'm protracted,
swinging dick out like my [Redacted]

(working on my rap flow)

Reactions: Ayo
People have to realize this is not the football team. Wake Forest Football =/= Wake Forest Basketball. The hire (at least in my opinion) does not have the same expectations. We are happy with Clawson because he won the press conference, has charisma and seems to be saying all the right things. That is necessary for the basketball hire but it is not sufficient.

Back