• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I just think this post meant that we don't want to be competing with a team that just went to the Sweet 16 for a coaching spot.

Sounded more like we are really sucking it up and UT would make it suck worse. Not a very encouraging post.

Just assumed that was your favorite soap opera. Or do you prefer Days of our Lives?

What is this Brad Stevens back to college nonsense. He has been a home run NBA hire so far and he got like a 7 year deal.

#SCOOP from The Onion

I’ve been struggling with some pretty big questions lately about life and the meaning of existence. And to be honest, these days I’m finding it hard to believe what I was taught as a child, namely that there’s an all-knowing God who’s always watching over us and listening to our prayers. As much as I’d like to accept that an intelligent, loving presence is up there, I keep wrestling with doubts, and there’s one in particular I just can’t get past: If there truly is an omnipotent being who created the universe and wants us to live by His word, then why doesn’t He just hire us a really sick fucking basketball coach?

Seriously, if the Lord gave us just one kickass coach that went all the way to the Final Four in his first season, that’s all it would take for me to believe.

Some will argue that’s not how God operates. “He works through the people in our lives,” they’ll say. Or, more frustratingly: “God’s ways are not for us to understand.” But those answers don’t satisfy me anymore. If God is real, wouldn’t He want us to know it? Wouldn’t He want us all to acknowledge His presence and worship Him? Well, if He’d just hires us one epic head coach with a couple assistants and a few key transfers and everything, the question could be settled once and for all. We’d know that He exists, and everyone would believe in Him without a shred of doubt.

In the Bible, it seems like the Lord cares so much about us honoring Him and obeying Him; in fact, He’s supposedly so concerned about that stuff that He wrote His rules down as the Ten Commandments. So why doesn’t He just lay it all out on the table and open our eyes right here and now with an unforgettable, balls-to-the-wall hire that’s so insane Biff Tannen will be talking about it for years to come?

I know that people will argue that believing in God isn’t about proof—it’s about having faith. But if God flooded the earth and delivered the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, then He’s certainly not opposed to intervening in human affairs. Which just begs the question of why He hasn’t called a 10am press conference, cut to the chase, and just announce a home-run hire. After all, wouldn’t God want us to appreciate Him and be happy by posting on ogboards.com all night long?

Don’t tell me a being who created the world in seven days can’t hire a coach who will turn the Joel into an epic arena—I’m talking one where everyone has a tye-dye jersey on, we’ve got an exciting offense and a team that can play defense and rebound, there are people crowding to fill the upper deck, people selling their kidneys to scalp tickets on Deacon Blvd, and maybe even some new banners going up on the rafters. Why not? This is an entity that supposedly created light and formed every single feature of the universe, so as far as booze is concerned, you know the Lord Himself would probably roll up with a ton of the high-end stuff—ACC championship, sweep of the Big 4, all the primo shit.

Believe me, if the Lord completely stocked the Deacs with all that top-shelf talent and a ton of fans, I’d be in the Joel every academically-challenging Tuesday.

But the bottom line is that God hasn’t sent Wake a competent coach or even a competent dresser, and that’s troubling. And when you really think about the concept of God, a bunch of other difficult questions come to mind, like why He lets bad things happen to good people, or why there is so much suffering in the world. If He exists and is truly a benevolent, loving God who cares about Deaconkind, then why aren’t we rolling through a challenging schedule to a 24-7 record? God could make it happen. He could say, “Let there be Shaka” and he and Maya would just show up. He could send His only son out to defend the post, or maybe just have Him drop by and nail some clutch threes. Shit, man, if God really is all-powerful, we could keep the Joel bumping around the clock! We could all head down back to the Quad, where there’d be trees draped in Food Lion’s finest generic-brand toilet paper, because a God who reigns supreme over heaven and earth could hire anyone He wanted as basketball coach, living or dead. He could have a coach beating K, Roy, Boeheim, Pitino—whoever He wants.

What kind of a God wouldn’t want to do that for His creations?

It simply doesn’t add up. If God were really out there somewhere, He would have had at least one totally epic coaching candidate or maybe even a whole slate of eager young coaches by now. Maybe He did a long time ago, but there certainly haven’t been any killer fucking Wake coaches in my lifetime. All I’m asking for is one inspiring hire from the Lord Almighty. It doesn’t even need to be a big, flashy deal or anything. It could just be a nice, laid-back former floor general with some good offensive sets, intense defense, and good recruits. God wouldn’t even have to show up if He didn’t want to, though it’d be fucking awesome if He did.

But here’s the thing: Without any proof of His existence, how can people even be sure they’re worshipping the correct god at all, especially when there are so many religions out there? Who’s to say that Christianity is right and that there isn’t another deity who’s actually in charge of the universe and who could hire us an even crazier basketball coach? Buddha seems like he’d be down, maybe for a proven coach, who could recruit us some McDonald’s All-Americans, some clutch shooters, and maybe a few key role players when the opportunity arises. Or I could start praying to one of those Hindu gods with all the post-season success. Those guys could win a pre-season tournament, run the table through the conference, and win the tourney all in the same season. That would be fucking epic!

I suppose I’m questioning this so much because, deep down, I desperately want to believe. Maybe God exists and maybe He doesn’t, but if He does, and He ever gets around to hiring a basketball coach for the ages, I’d be the first one there with season tickets and Deacon Club check in hand. After all, if God created me in His image, then I know He’d want the Deacs to play their balls off and get us back to where we belong.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/if-god-exists-why-doesnt-he-throw-us-like-a-really,35674/?ref=auto

My avatar represents the fuck up wellman is

Everybody loves to pick on the pizza and apple jokes

Well guess what dumb fucks, I've been right since the beginning

And I may be talking out of turn but rjk has been buzz out since the beginning

Publicly he may have fudged because he wanted to be positive but behind the scenes he said it was a disaster

Most of my serious opinions come from my discussions with rjk

He knows his basketball

No troll

Back