• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

So the flight appears to be late taking off, but no delay has been filed.

It's pretty amazing that in 2000 we were considered the 8th best out of 9 coaching jobs in the ACC. In 2010 we fire a coach coming off the second round of the NCAA and end up hiring a special needs case. In 2014 we're labeled the 13th best coaching job out of 15 in the ACC. We have not one, but two ex coaches shitting on us in public and we're begging a tier C coach to come here. Could it be any more obvious how badly the administration is selling this school? There is one constant during that 14 year period--Ron Wellman. We're not that bad of a job. In fact, we could be a great gig. We need someone at every level -- President down to BOT--who recognize that and can adequately express this to the general public at large. Assuming that everyone else thinks we're awesome is clearly not working.

Hey 7dimes - no need to insult special needs people by comparing them to [name redacted]. ;-)

Also, just got an earful from my friend who attended "Wake Will" DC last night. Apparently it was a $200K event with Hatch showing off how great Wake is while trolling for cash. No surprise really. My friend has gone to every Wake event the past 25 years and said last night was far and away the most ostentatious.

Last edited:
As a backup plan, I would try to find a good coach who could use a change of scenery. Anthony Grant is coming off a down year at Alabama but I've always liked him. Any thoughts?

As a backup plan, I would try to find a good coach who could use a change of scenery. Anthony Grant is coming off a down year at Alabama but I've always liked him. Any thoughts?

I would take Grant over Manning in a heartbeat.

Yeah. He's coming off a down year at Alabama but I've always like him.

I also think he makes well over $2 mil, like $2.6

You mean like a Ben Howland for example?

I like Grant and think he's a good coach who has had some bad luck at Bama, although they should be good next year. But he does make a lot of $$.

Also, just got an earful from my friend who attended "Wake Will" DC last night. Apparently it was a $200K event with Hatch showing off how great Wake is while trolling for cash. No surprise really. My friend has gone to every Wake event the past 25 years and said last night was far and away the most ostentatious.

I too attended the Wake Will event in DC last evening. Held at the Ronald Reagan building. 500 - 600 people in attendance. Top shelf liquor, Wine, beer and a pretty lavish buffet for all - free. No one steak limit.
No questions, just presentations about how great Wake has been and how it will take more money to make it even greater.

rj has gotten to me on him but at this stage Howland is looking better and better.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m
Boston College has agreed in principle to a deal with Ohio University's Jim Christian, multiple sources told ESPN.

Back