• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official House Democrats thread (Pelosi #undefeated)

I think it's because it's a "white people" name and she's abandoning it when running for office, why would she do such a thing?

This. She beat a white man in a majority-minority district by running unabashedly as a young woman of color. The GOP seems to think that, among other things, if they can whitewash her identity, she becomes a fraud.

The GOP can't stomach a young, progressive, Latina woman who has nationwide crossover appeal.

She’s their worst nightmare. And they are flailing miserably to try to turn her into another Hillary boogeyman.

Spoiler: it’s not going to work.

She against WAR ?!

Enough already. Needs to get back to complaining about minimum wage.

If the GOP want to spend 2019 and 2020 trying to beat AOC on Twitter, I hope they enjoy themselves.

The obsession with her nickname, "Sandy" thing is just weird. Seems like AOC is no different than perhaps millions of people who go by a nickname in high school and college and among friends and use their full name in professional life. Conservatives love to turn minor things about Democrats into huge scandals while ignoring major things on their side.

They did the same thing with "Barry". Why that doesn't apply to "Ted" I'll never know.

The idea that “Sandy Ocasia-Cortez” is less “ethnic” than “Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez” is hilarious.

Here's a good explanation of conservative outrage from Vox.

[h=1]Conservatives’ obsession with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s high school, explained[/h]
Here is my favorite tweet from this:

Lol She’s talking about the history of the top marginal tax rates already. She should invoke the term MAGA in the argument and watch Trump and his crumbsnatchers in Congress clench their sphincters defending trickle-down bullshit

Man I hope this gif works...
108b3d9116ae68733b7c5f63ef4f07b0.gif

Man I hope this gif works...
108b3d9116ae68733b7c5f63ef4f07b0.gif

lol

i think she is onto something. Make fun of yourself and they will not get any pleasure out of it.

That house is very modest and i would bet much worse than 95-100% of all GOP houses these old rich white men grew up in.

AOC is probably my polar opposite on most issues, but I really like her. Nice change from the collection of fossils in Congress. Not too shabby on the eyes either.

She’s their worst nightmare. And they are flailing miserably to try to turn her into another Hillary boogeyman.

Spoiler: it’s not going to work.

Sure, it'll work. With everyone who watches Fox and One America. And I'll posit a guess that Russia Today won't like her either.

That’s the first time I’ve actually seen a picture of her house. Usually they just post that she grew up in a $300,000 home and let you conjure up whatever mansion your imagination can come up with .

That’s the first time I’ve actually seen a picture of her house. Usually they just post that she grew up in a $300,000 home and let you conjure up whatever mansion your imagination can come up with .

To be fair, I think that's what a $300,000 house looks like these days.

Back