• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

Haven’t been playing attention. Is that douche in the lineup for Dook’s opening game this week?

Duke folks say our stadium is full of folks who rarely go to basketball games so they don’t know how to act. And they have lost a lot the last couple decades. They just see little upside to playing the game and have been saying it’s unsafe long before this.

I don’t agree with them but that’s what they have said and still say. I bet the conference lets them out of it next year or two and I’m betting after that we won’t be in the same conference. After that, they’ll have little incentive to play at our place. Just my prediction.

Where have you gone, Clifford Roberts?

I'm really trying to figure out the phenomenon known as Scheyer Face. I mean, it's really weird. He'll do a presser and look normal, talk on the sideline mostly normal, but in a moment of heated stress, his face just contorts and it's positively hilarious and weird at the same time. We've been calling him Scheyer Face since his playing days, so it isn't something he has grown out of.
I can't believe the students didn't have a Scheyerface cutout for the free throw distraction. Huge opportunity missed

I can't believe the students didn't have a Scheyerface cutout for the free throw distraction. Huge opportunity missed
Well they have a brand new Scheyerface for next time.

Hell, if I'm Duke I wouldn't want to play at the Joel again either. But they're on our conference, so they kind of have to, DR.
DR is probably betting that since Duke has played at Wake the past couple seasons, they are due for a year off, given the uneven scheduling of the ACC. He really only needs to be able to post an "I told you so" when the schedule comes out for next season for him to win here. Further down the line he can make up some story about how he was in a private meeting with Currie and the Duke AD and Currie abjectly apologized and begged for forgiveness to explain why Duke is back at the Joel again.

Or maybe he is still counting on that OCA being built.

Everybody's saying it!

Was talking to a Duke friend of mine(I know gross), who is involved with the Duke program, a booster, and is calling complete BS on everything DR is saying. He also thinks the drama Saturday was way overblown and he and his circle look forward to making the trip back to the Joel.
You're a kook #sonaive

DR is probably betting that since Duke has played at Wake the past couple seasons, they are due for a year off, given the uneven scheduling of the ACC. He really only needs to be able to post an "I told you so" when the schedule comes out for next season for him to win here. Further down the line he can make up some story about how he was in a private meeting with Currie and the Duke AD and Currie abjectly apologized and begged for forgiveness to explain why Duke is back at the Joel again.

Or maybe he is still counting on that OCA being built.
Its my understanding that we are hooked with Duke and will always play them twice a season.

Its my understanding that we are hooked with Duke and will always play them twice a season.
Were. Duke may put a restraining order out on Wake fans.

Just savage tie-dyed biker gang.

Last edited:
DR praying we play in the Annex to get more like Cameron.

Back