• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

I think lost in this is the court storming is dangerous and a player could have gotten hurt. From what I understand, no one was injured.
Is it actually that dangerous though? It’s been happening dozens of times a year for decades and nobody’s ever actually gotten hurt from it. The bus ride to the stadium is probably more dangerous

One potential solution for a rule change is throw 20 on the shot clock after the game and do a countdown and then rush.

Forbes called a good timeout because the game wasn’t over and we needed to be reminded not to foul. Then, given the clean steal, our rush was on before there was time to get off from where Flip was positioned on the court.

Luckily the media narratives contain the Currie quotes rather than the main stream Wake alum view of “Injure him harder next time. He deserves it.”

One potential solution for a rule change is throw 20 on the shot clock after the game and do a countdown and then rush.

Forbes called a good timeout because the game wasn’t over and we needed to be reminded not to foul. Then, given the clean steal, our rush was on before there was time to get off from where Flip was positioned on the court.

Luckily the media narratives contain the Currie quotes rather than the main stream Wake alum view of “Injure him harder next time. He deserves it.”
the shot clock is a good idea.

You do know there were Duke players further away that had no issues, right? Flip was pissed and tried to take it out on Wake students. Embarrassing part for him is he tweaked his ankle in the process of being a bitch. Rather than admit he got caught up in things- he blames the fans.

Who gives a shit what the media think?

I think we all ought care how Wake is viewed in this realignment era. It appears we are really going to need both Duke and NC States help to avoid plummeting even further down the ladder.

And as you can see, the posts on this thread are already making their way around the discourse.

I haven’t seen anybody seriously say what you quote last, I did see that other Duke players, including one that was further away and closer to the rush get off the court without a problem, so there is that.

You can if Duke is virtue signaling about player safety.
The same duke team that presumably puts Ryan Young on a practice floor with highly recruited 5* players. Don’t really care about player safety and let that oaf even ride the bus with nba guys.

I think it's pretty obvious you do not care for Wake Forest or its fans or alums. That's cool. But I'm not sure why you still post here. But if making shit up to fit your view of the world makes you feel better, then good luck.

I think we all ought care how Wake is viewed in this realignment era. It appears we are really going to need both Duke and NC States help to avoid plummeting even further down the ladder.

And as you can see, the posts on this thread are already making their way around the discourse.
Realignment which has been famously focused on well behaved fanbases and generating as little media exposure as possible.

Why do you care how Wake is viewed? You hate the school, administration, fans and facilities while simultaneously being a Duke and a UNC fan.

But I'm not sure why you still post here.
You aren't? It's because he likes the attention, and is always rewarded with it.

Can you imagine how miserable he'd be if he were just ignored?

No one narcs; I'm sure the moment this happened, ours was the first message board they knew they needed to start patrolling. Comments are silly though.
I stand by my statement. It makes folks uncomfortable that mobs of people are virtually uncontrollable.

So you think "how wake is viewed" has anything to do with realignment? It's 100% dependent on size of the fanbase/media market. Nothing more and nothing less. We, unfortunately, have both of those working against us. You can dust off your UNC gear and take your $500 over to the Hill. I suspect no one would notice your absence at Wake events.

Can we focus on the fact that this guy is not injured? If anyone thought he had an actual serious injury, the narrative here would be different. Duke notoriously fakes injuries to take away from losses. See: K writhing in pain from his back during the 95 season. See: Flip earlier in the game pretending he was the victim of some incident that made him bleed profusely while none of us saw actual blood. I could care less how our fanbase is viewed. I only hope someday people hate us at much as they hate Duke, but that honor will remain with Duke because anyone paying attention knows that crying wolf over things like motorcycle fumes is their MO.

Back