• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

It’s the Deacon Insurrection (copyright pending). Can anyone create Q’anon Deac to commemorate this sad day in history?
I know an orange guy who needs money and is without a current job that could do some great PR and convince 1/3 of the country right away that this was just some college students going for a very peaceful walk on the court when the boys in blue used an outrageous amount of force and it’s those blue guys that should be investigated.

After the overhead camera view Flip getting lambasted on twitter.

we have to do a better job on this but Flip flat out trip elbowed one dude lost his balance because of it and then another guy bumped into him. nothing To see here. Lord this is so Duke.

I've broken this shit down like the Zapruder film, from multiple angles. The first kid was trying to avoid him, which is why he is turned. His right leg is lifted and he is turning his body so that he won't make contact with a guy who is roughly 7 feet, 250 pounds. Yeah, you can talk shit to them all game, but it's a bit different when you're on the same level with them-- you don't want to bump into that. Those guys are literal giants. His attempt to avoid would've been enough, except Flip tripped him, which looks more intentional than the shove. The shove you could argue is reflexive, except that he extends his arms so it looks like at the very least a "Get the fuck away from me," which frankly, would be understandable. That trip, though... (and it was the trip that caused the stumble and the injury)

So that causes the kid to go sprawling on the floor and Flip stumbles forward. There is no evidence that the kid who supposedly "shoved" Flip actually did that. Flip was stumbling prior to being touched, but he absolutely was touched. Whether he was pushed, hit/slapped on the back, or grabbed in an attempt to prop him up (this one seems unlikely, but I can't rule it out). The kid shouldn't have touched him regardless, but he was not at all responsible for the stumble or the injury.

We would be pissed if it were Sallis or somebody, but Duke has 40 years of whining about literally everything that preceded this. They are by far and away the whiniest bitches in college hoops. If there were national titles for such things, they would have an unprecedented dynasty. And now it's at a different level because their media mouthpieces picked up the ball and ran with it. And it happened with a guy who is known for punkass behavior on the court. No, he isn't Grayson Allen, but he's still a shithead.

It is true that none of this would happen had the fans not been on the floor, but that's a monumentally shallow take. That's like saying it wouldn't happen if Duke had won, or if they hadn't played the game at all. The fact is it was going to happen if Wake won. Everybody knew this, including Duke. The security thing is real, but the Joel is a pretty vast area to cover-- more than people realize. I saw a pic of the UConn-Creighton game where Creighton's security pretty much isolated the UConn bench area and that seemed pretty common-sense. But of course Flip wasn't anywhere near the bench so I'm not sure what good that would've done. I can tell you that when kids want to storm the court or the field, it's going to happen. They will find the weak link and exploit it. Nobody in the media is going to criticize Scheyer, but I guarantee that in Durham they're making it known that he needs to be more proactive in getting his players off the floor when the game is definitely lost. Guess he was hoping for a four point play, but c'mon. Take the L. This isn't the postseason.

I'm fine with everything you said other than the we are sorry part.
O
I mean Duke fans are really dumb, but also there was no need for that timeout realistically.

If our players arent smart enough to know to not touch anybody when up 4 with 2 seconds left that seems concerning
in the context of this game, you leave nothing to chance.

No way. He's a friend. We all came here to get out from under Wake controlled 247. Right thing to do. You can be wrong and be one of us.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Yeah DR is a Deac. He’s been my friend for probably 15 years now. He’s often right but delivers his message… bombastically.

Like in this case, we should have done a better job with the court storming. I also, personally, think KF sought out the contact and got it. I could very well be wrong. We will never know.

First, great win and a must win. Let's not screw it up by losing to ND on the road.

Second, fuck Duke.

The tape shows quite clearly that he tried to do a sneaky trip and push to that kid and that is when he went off balance and suffered his "injury". Yes, it was absolute madness out there. Yes, maybe we should've done better in containing it, but it was a sellout crowd and the seats are pretty far off the floor, meaning there is more surface area to cover for a crowd rush than in a place like Cameron Indoor, where they are also known to rush the court. That was a decade's worth of joy in that court rush.

But the Dookie contingent online and in the media is quite strong and keep making shit up. Seth Davis is particularly awful. First, they said it was that the kid ran into him and caused injury. Then, when that clearly was not the case, they said the other kid pushed him from behind even though he's falling and spinning and flopping prior to that (and while the kid clearly touched the back of his jersey, there is zero indication that he pushed him. Given that he is a giant Polack, there is a minimal chance that the kid hitting his jersey did anything to him). If you want to Zapruder film this shit, then we will do the same. What it shows is that he fucked around and got some karma.

I don't mind the court rushing, but the kids really need to make it about celebrating with the team and not mocking the losing team, taking selfies and videos of them talking shit, etc... If you do that and somebody slugs you, well then you pretty much deserved it.
I like sneaky trip and push.

Yesterday I was using 2-handed baby face punch, but the sneaky trip and push is more accurate.

In my experience, that move is often followed by shame, confusion and embarrassment.

Which explains Flopowski's awkward, anxious laughter after the game, since he was in no pain whatsoever.

We made the NBC Nightly News today.
Did they also show the overhead clip cut to start with the spin move and leave out the shove/trip on a student? Cause that’s what the Durham local station showed tonight

No such thing as bad publicity. Our work with Toyota is world renowned.

Yeah DR is a Deac. He’s been my friend for probably 15 years now. He’s often right but delivers his message… bombastically.

Like in this case, we should have done a better job with the court storming. I also, personally, think KF sought out the contact and got it. I could very well be wrong. We will never know.
He's more of a Dookie than Deac, he's not often right, he's an obnoxious POS, and we do know.

He’s a Deac and a dookie. Don’t get it twisted. He bashes Wake and praises Dook every chance he gets. Not sure I’ve ever seen him say two positive things about Wake in a row

Back