• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

My prediction remains Duke won’t play in Winston for a decade. Maybe get a non conference home and home in the mid 2030s. This isn’t just a one incident thing from Duke’s perspective. K skipped his last visit for a reason.
which conference is duke moving to?

My prediction remains Duke won’t play in Winston for a decade. Maybe get a non conference home and home in the mid 2030s. This isn’t just a one incident thing from Duke’s perspective. K skipped his last visit for a reason.

So, which is it? We play in an abandoned barn and have no atmosphere or the mighty Duke Blue Devils refuse to play here because they are intimated? Pick one but not both.

I mean I'm cool getting a forfeit win if they refuse to come. what does it do for your KP and NET if there's no score, possessions, margin of victory, etc?

Dookies can't process that WF has a bigger home court advantage at the Joel, than they have in Cameron...

So...

211.gif

Ah yes.

The Joel.

Where teams have notoriously been intimidated by the unruly behavior of Southern Baptists looking to injure their players.

If NC State beats Duke in Raleigh next week, there probably needs to be actual policemen ready to quickly get Filipowski off the court. If Filipowski felt personally targeted by Wake students, he'd feel like a murder target in that court storm

How does a win by default impact our metrics? I'd love to see the how the models handle this. We can coin it the Bartelby Metric, ie "we prefer not to play" variable. Or maybe it will be tied up in the courts as a result of the class action suit and we will get a stay? Even better, maybe Currie beats them to the punch and doesn't invite them back? The options here are truly limitless. Thanks for the insiders tip so I can place a bet. Duke wont win in WS for a decade. I'l take the over, clearly.

Duke folks say our stadium is full of folks who rarely go to basketball games so they don’t know how to act. And they have lost a lot the last couple decades. They just see little upside to playing the game and have been saying it’s unsafe long before this.

I don’t agree with them but that’s what they have said and still say. I bet the conference lets them out of it next year or two and I’m betting after that we won’t be in the same conference. After that, they’ll have little incentive to play at our place. Just my prediction.

Duke folks say our stadium is full of folks who rarely go to basketball games so they don’t know how to act. And they have lost a lot the last couple decades. They just see little upside to playing the game and have been saying it’s unsafe long before this.

I don’t agree with them but that’s what they have said and still say. I bet the conference lets them out of it next year or two and I’m betting after that we won’t be in the same conference. After that, they’ll have little incentive to play at our place. Just my prediction.
I hope you were laughing writing this post as much as I was reading it. One of your better posts in awhile.

DonaldRoss went to Duke, so he knows better than any of us rubes that there is one, and only one, way to build a winning program: a small, on campus arena. It's why App State is a powerhouse!

Additionally, his access to the Duke crowd has made him one of the enlightened few with insight into what the Duke fanbase thinks. Fortunately, I also grew up around Duke boosters and alumni. I even have Duke alumni in my family and my parents were married at Duke Chapel. And I have never, not even once, given a fuck about what they think about Wake basketball unless it's how bad that L stings that they caught on Saturday.

DonaldRoss went to Duke, so he knows better than any of us rubes that there is one, and only one, way to build a winning program: a small, on campus arena. It's why App State is a powerhouse!

Additionally, his access to the Duke crowd has made him one of the enlightened few with insight into what the Duke fanbase thinks. Fortunately, I also grew up around Duke boosters and alumni. I even have Duke alumni in my family and my parents were married at Duke Chapel. And I have never, not even once, given a fuck about what they think about Wake basketball unless it's how bad that L stings that they caught on Saturday.
Does he have access to the Duke crowd? Doubt anyone at Duke even associates with that clown.

So, which is it? We play in an abandoned barn and have no atmosphere or the mighty Duke Blue Devils refuse to play here because they are intimated? Pick one but not both.
It's about principalities ! ! ! Duke gots 'em

Back