• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official National Signing Day Thread

I feel better about Luedeke knowing that he can long snap. I cannot recall now off the top of my head who we have doing it now and how much eligibility they have left, but that is a skill we will always need. I was hesitant about bringing in a 250 pound lineman.

Ryan Anderson is interesting because it is the first time in awhile that we have taken a post-grad. He almost certainly qualified out of high school and just took a year to develop and get better offers. Seems smart. It is like a redshirt year while getting to play in actual games.

Essentially a gray shirt.

For those of you who don't do Twitter, this is how it's done.

emy5emys.jpg

I feel better about Luedeke knowing that he can long snap. I cannot recall now off the top of my head who we have doing it now and how much eligibility they have left, but that is a skill we will always need. I was hesitant about bringing in a 250 pound lineman.

Ryan Anderson is interesting because it is the first time in awhile that we have taken a post-grad. He almost certainly qualified out of high school and just took a year to develop and get better offers. Seems smart. It is like a redshirt year while getting to play in actual games.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/18/3038543/holly-springs-lineman-nick-luedeke.html

"Luedeke’s father was a 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman at Penn State and his mother was a decathlete, long jumper and high jumper at the school.

Nick Luedeke weighed 165 pounds as a freshman and played at 205 last year. He did not play lacrosse last spring so he could concentrate on weight training.

“I want to still be an athlete,” he said. “I didn’t want be 300 pounds in high school. I’ve got plenty of room to get bigger in college.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/18/3038543/holly-springs-lineman-nick-luedeke.html

"Luedeke’s father was a 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman at Penn State and his mother was a decathlete, long jumper and high jumper at the school.

Nick Luedeke weighed 165 pounds as a freshman and played at 205 last year. He did not play lacrosse last spring so he could concentrate on weight training.

“I want to still be an athlete,” he said. “I didn’t want be 300 pounds in high school. I’ve got plenty of room to get bigger in college.”

His dad was a big boy. Like I said, if the worst case scenario is that he is an athletic LS for us who is consistent then that is worth a scholarship to me. If he develops into an O-lineman then awesome for us.

What gives you impression we will go all the way to 28? Might want to stop at 25 so we can go to 28 next year?

Because of the volume of verbals out there. Assuming we lose no one and add Thibs, that is 28 IIRC.

Also, I believe that there are enough spots in last year's class to put all of the early enrollees, so take out those 4 guys, which brings the total down to 24.

Back