• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official National Signing Day Thread

Where does this 25 player limit people have been talking about come from? How can Tennessee go over it like that? What about FSU?

January enrollees count toward last year's class. So, if TN had 20 recruits enroll last year, they could have up to 5 2014 recruits enroll in January and not count toward this year's class. Also, many schools (particularly SEC schools) sign recruits to an LOI knowing that they will not qualify and will go to JUCO. This allows the school to help the recruit pick a friendly JUCO. Many of those kids never enroll because they can't hack it even at the JUCO level. Safe to say that many of the 37 will never play a down at TN, but the large class will allow TN to claim recruiting success.

Y'all need to give Stonz and JStrizzy a break. This is our first legitimate/exciting NSD in the age of Social Media. They're smart. They'll see what the top programs are doing, and emulate those next year. No need to be hyper critical. Hell, nobody expected this two months ago. #TheAWAKEning thing was cool.

What were Godspower's comments?

http://www.thehilltoponline.com/he-came-seeking-refuge-1.2836892

Talking about Wake's coaches...

Additionally, he didn’t have a great relationship with his coaches and coordinators. He also wanted a system change, looking to move back to the 4-3 defensive scheme he played in while in high school.

“I could talk about that (change in coaching styles) for days,” said Offor.

“They’re mostly out to get a pay check,” Offor continues. “When we’d lose games they wouldn’t really care…they’d say, ‘Hey guys we need to do better, see you in meetings on Monday’…no one really got frustrated.”

Offor says, “Here, these coaches are competitive. Coaches are fired up, almost fighting with each other. A majority of them not only played at Howard but a guy like coach Jenkins even played in the league. You couldn’t trust the coaches (at Wake Forest); I really buy into what the coaches say here.”

Moar-Angry-Baby-demotivational.jpg

Is that Bo Pelini's kid?

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/18/3038543/holly-springs-lineman-nick-luedeke.html

"Luedeke’s father was a 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman at Penn State and his mother was a decathlete, long jumper and high jumper at the school.

Nick Luedeke weighed 165 pounds as a freshman and played at 205 last year. He did not play lacrosse last spring so he could concentrate on weight training.

“I want to still be an athlete,” he said. “I didn’t want be 300 pounds in high school. I’ve got plenty of room to get bigger in college.”

His dad was a big boy. Like I said, if the worst case scenario is that he is an athletic LS for us who is consistent then that is worth a scholarship to me. If he develops into an O-lineman then awesome for us.

6-5 250 lb longsnapper is plenty big enough for college. If he puts on good weight and is near his father's size and has his mother's explosive athleticism, then he could develop into a really good offensive tackle. good Left tackle>>>>>>long snapper.

I know I have been cracking jokes about him for a while, but looking at Lembo's twitter today compared to Clawson makes me really happy. The guy is just retweeting stuff today. BGSU has a better ranked class than BSU too, btw.

Question on already enrolled E.J. Scott: He is listed as a transfer from UVA. As an in-conference transfer, will he be eligible after sitting out one year or two? Did he actually enroll in the fall of 2013 or just in January this year? That is, will he be eligible to play in the fall of 2014 or not until 2015?

Scott graduated from UVA; he came to WF as a grad student; so, he will play next year without sitting out.

Question on already enrolled E.J. Scott: He is listed as a transfer from UVA. As an in-conference transfer, will he be eligible after sitting out one year or two? Did he actually enroll in the fall of 2013 or just in January this year? That is, will he be eligible to play in the fall of 2014 or not until 2015?

I thought he was post-grad and can play right away.

Just based on a quick Twitter search it looks like over the past few weeks we've gotten quite a few guys to switch schools and come on board. That has me pretty excited. We took Devin Pike from Louisville, Justin Herron from Rutgers, Willie Yarbary from Indiana, Kameron Uter from Vanderbilt, Travis Smith from Toledo, Demetrius Kemp from Southern Miss (although that was during the season). Any others?

I'm pumped up for football again. Go Deacs.

Last edited:
Herron was Rutgers. Shaw was Louisville.

Y'all need to give Stonz and JStrizzy a break. This is our first legitimate/exciting NSD in the age of Social Media. They're smart. They'll see what the top programs are doing, and emulate those next year. No need to be hyper critical. Hell, nobody expected this two months ago. #TheAWAKEning thing was cool.
Good point - I bet NSD next year will be quite impressively run and entertaining for us.

Scott graduated from UVA; he came to WF as a grad student; so, he will play next year without sitting out.

I thought he was post-grad and can play right away.

OK that makes more sense. So he was a December graduate from UVA who enrolled at Wake in January 2014 in some graduate program not offered at UVA. Got it. Let's hope he can contribute in the fall.

Back