• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NBA 2014-15 Season Thread: Dubs win Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official NBA 2014-15 Season Thread: clippers gonna clip clip clip

Bkf, do you follow college bball anymore? I can't remember if it's one of the things you've put on your proverbial ignore list.

Blah blah blah...specific date of Robert Montgomery Knight's retirement...blah blah blah...rules not enforced...blah blah blah...credentials of length of sports fandom...blah blah blah...hatred of the NBA...blah blah blah...millenials get off my lawn...

I don't read SI, either.

So, does he play for Kansas now?

No, he was drafted #1 overall last year, won NBA Rookie of the Year and was just named unanimous 1st Team All-Rookie. He was also the centerpiece of the trade package that sent Kevin Love to Cleveland.

That's on top of being probably the most hyped high school player since ... Lebron? Definitely in a while. He's been in the public basketball eye for years now. If you haven't heard of him you are either trolling (100%) or simply do not watch basketball of any level at all (also highly likely, to be fair).

No, he was drafted #1 overall last year, won NBA Rookie of the Year and was just named unanimous 1st Team All-Rookie. He was also the centerpiece of the trade package that sent Kevin Love to Cleveland.

That's on top of being probably the most hyped high school player since ... Lebron? Definitely in a while. He's been in the public basketball eye for years now. If you haven't heard of him you are either trolling (100%) or simply do not watch basketball of any level at all (also highly likely, to be fair).

Meh, since Harrison Barnes two years prior.

ITT: man who disavows college and professional basketball goes out of his way to post on NBA thread that he's not familiar with NBA players.

Not really. I mostly quit following college basketball when Coach Knight retired. I did beat 150 people to win the local newspaper (Asheboro Courier-Tribune) bracket contest this year though...picked Duke to beat Wisconsin in the final game...but even then I didn't watch any of the games and made my picks mostly by just "cramming" with some "cheat sheets". I still like the competition of things like those bracket contests....but not enough to watch any of the games. I checked the scores occasionally on things like "gamecast" on the computer...but the only part of any game in the NCAAT that I watched was the last ten seconds of the Wisconsin-Kentucky game, when I saw on the computer that Kentucky was definitely going to lose and Coach Knight's 1976 team's undefeated record (with a team in which every single player graduated) would hold for a 39th year. At that point I quickly turned on the TV so that I could see the final reactions from the Kentucky players & fans.

Wait...you know what a computer is?

wtf

but the only part of any game in the NCAAT that I watched was the last ten seconds of the Wisconsin-Kentucky game, when I saw on the computer that Kentucky was definitely going to lose and Coach Knight's 1976 team's undefeated record (with a team in which every single player graduated) would hold for a 39th year. At that point I quickly turned on the TV so that I could see the final reactions from the Kentucky players & fans.

Whoa.

I don't read SI, either.

So, does he play for Kansas now?
He's so dominant at Kansas that they went ahead and threw him on the NBA All-Rookie team. What is becoming of college athletics. It's just all about the money.

Official NBA 2014-15 Season Thread: clippers gonna clip clip clip

How so? Barnes was the first freshman in history to be named preseason All-American. Wiggins was the second. Seems pretty similar to me.

Teams weren't tanking for Barnes while he was in HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back