• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NBA 2014 Offseason Thread: KD35, Beal both out for 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting the nba superstars are pushing getting rid of max contracts. so not salary cap for the platers but salary cap for the teams. that seems like a good idea.

Seems like it would be good for a star player but don't see the appeal for the fringe guys. Don't see that happening and would think 80% of the players would like to keep it how it is.

OKC really should have made a run at Pau.

I do think Jackson and MY BOI Jeremy Lamb can pick up some more of the scoring slack, and maybe Ibaka claims a larger role?

Would anyone here be interested in an NBA pool? I was thinking something like $5/week, all games ATS due every Sunday, with $3.50/week going to the season pot and the rest to a weekly pot.

I'd probably want to cap it at 15-20, but am open to suggestions. If there's sufficient interest, I'll get it set up.

Add Jodie Meeks to the injured list. Out two moths with a stress reaction in his lower back.

Would anyone here be interested in an NBA pool? I was thinking something like $5/week, all games ATS due every Sunday, with $3.50/week going to the season pot and the rest to a weekly pot.

I'd probably want to cap it at 15-20, but am open to suggestions. If there's sufficient interest, I'll get it set up.

I'm always down for gambling. I'd rather make picks due every day than pick them by sunday for the whole week. If you miss a pick, tough luck.

Nets-Celtics to try out 11 minute quarters in upcoming preseason game. There seems to be a little momentum in favor of shortening the games.

I agree with basically everyone besides the money men who are saying that shorter games aren't the solution... less games are.

What problem is shorter games/fewer minutes trying to address? Injury? Fatigue? Fan fatigue?

Didn't one of you guys think the Lakers might be decent this year? Was that palma?

The SUNS have such a weird roster

Not that weird if your game plan is centralized around guards and wings. It's going to be such a fun team to watch. Unfortunately I think they will really miss Chandler Frye and his size/shooting. Was really a perfect Big for what they were trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back