• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL NCAA TOURNAMENT THREAD- FIRST FOUR

What is that suppose to mean?

i just can imagine that some kids aren't familiar with some of the ideology that is preached and practiced at Liberty. if you are in to all that stuff and makes you happy than I'm all for someone going to a place that makes them happy, but its hard me to not to imagine that some athletes, excited about the chance to go to school and play ball, aren't a least a little disappointed when they are told all this stuff they can or can't do. from everyone I've ever talked with about LU who have had some sort of connection to the school, there are some really strict rules placed on the students there. maybe as a grad student you didn't come face to face with it but even the one person i know who graduated from LU (and seemingly really enjoyed it) has told me about some of the rules, like not being able to go into an opposite-gender dorm or no swearing. again if you follow this and are down for it i'm not one to tell someone their happiness is wrong, I just think some athletes aren't 100% happy at LU.

sorry to have brought this up on the tourney thread. back to the action. Go MTSU???

Monte Towe sighting. Wish he'd wear a big blue kool-aid suite in honor of his former boss.

Probably helps that I don't attend on campus as well. I am sure A LOT of people there just put on a show for the administration. They graduate huge amounts there every year. I think I read that this years class is 15k. I hate their hardcore right wing stances. Every speaker they have had the last 7 commencements I wouldn't want to see besides Chuck Norris. Last year was Romney and brought huge controversy.

i just can imagine that some kids aren't familiar with some of the ideology that is preached and practiced at Liberty. if you are in to all that stuff and makes you happy than I'm all for someone going to a place that makes them happy, but its hard me to not to imagine that some athletes, excited about the chance to go to school and play ball, aren't a least a little disappointed when they are told all this stuff they can or can't do. from everyone I've ever talked with about LU who have had some sort of connection to the school, there are some really strict rules placed on the students there. maybe as a grad student you didn't come face to face with it but even the one person i know who graduated from LU (and seemingly really enjoyed it) has told me about some of the rules, like not being able to go into an opposite-gender dorm or no swearing. again if you follow this and are down for it i'm not one to tell someone their happiness is wrong, I just think some athletes aren't 100% happy at LU.

sorry to have brought this up on the tourney thread. back to the action. Go MTSU???

Its the exact same way at Oral Roberts here in Tulsa. I mean, up until a few years ago, every student had to wear uniforms to class. Like you said, if thats your cup of tea, more power to you. But you will always find disappointment in recruiting when kids dont want to live in your holy bubble.

They are trying hard to move up to FBS right now as well and plan to as soon as they find a conference home.

First, I didn't read real closely, but Liberty is where Seth Curry was at before dook swooped in. Which if you think about it, coming to Wake would have seemed like a party school for him.

Big Wake connection to the 1st four tonight.

NC A&T last NCAA game in 1995, lost to Wake and Childress
St. Mary's lost to Tim Duncan in 1997
Liberty connection, supposedly we were on Seth Curry's transfer list

But I got nothing for Mid Tenn State, except we've played a lot of mid-major Tenn schools.

I just spent about an hour reading as much of The Liberty Way as I could find online. Why anyone would actually choose to go there is beyond me. I come from a religious family and background, and I almost want to puke after reading that.

First, I didn't read real closely, but Liberty is where Seth Curry was at before dook swooped in. Which if you think about it, coming to Wake would have seemed like a party school for him.

Big Wake connection to the 1st four tonight.

NC A&T last NCAA game in 1995, lost to Wake and Childress
St. Mary's lost to Tim Duncan in 1997
Liberty connection, supposedly we were on Seth Curry's transfer list

But I got nothing for Mid Tenn State, except we've played a lot of mid-major Tenn schools.

MTSU and Dewon Brazelton knocked us out of the super regionals in baseball like 10 years ago.

i wouldnt want to go to liberty regardless.. you cant even hold hands in public.. what is this intense christian nazi bullshit they have going on up there

my fiancee is from Lynchburg and I've always wanted to walk on the campus with her while holding hands and wearing my shirt from the Charles Darwin Center in the Galapagos.

KY loss kind of reminds me of our opening round NIT loss at Minnesota seven or eight years back. That game was an abomination against nature.

has anyone ever rushed the court after a first round NIT game before?

Boise State plays LaSalle tonight. On the bench will be former Wake Asst, and now Associate Head Coach for Boise State, Dave Wojcik.

Boise State plays LaSalle tonight. On the bench will be former Wake Asst, and now Associate Head Coach for Boise State, Dave Wojcik.

Looks like that was a nice move up for him.

Duren was Chennault's backcourt mate in HS.

LaSalle was my favorite Big five team in HS.

Back