• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Divisional Round Thread: #KeepPounding

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score
2 seeds on Saturday, 1 seeds on Sunday

Patriots super easy on Chiefs

Green Bay keeps playing good ball and wins in a shootout in Arizona

Denver in a close one over Pittsburgh, Peyton plays well

Panthers in a close one but in control the whole game, on to the NFC Championship

Brown is out for Pitt. Roethlisberger's shoulder is still effed up, whether he plays or not. Unless Peyton throws 5 picks, Denver should handle that game. As for the Chiefs and Pats, all ESPN talking heads are talking about is the health of Gronk and Edelman. While I agree Edelman is crucial to the Pats postseason success, they're not talking about Macklin probably being out with a high ankle sprain. Even if Gronk and Edelman are nicked up, at least they're probably playing. I don't think KC's offense can do much without their 1 big play threat. Unless of course the entire Pats defense smokes pot laced with pcp today.

Disagree about Zona - they roll. I also like the Panthers only giving 2.5-3 at home. I wouldn't be surprised if none of these games are within a TD.

I did like this tweet. Pittsburgh killer Burfict.

Vontaze Burfict may single-handedly keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl. He injured Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell and Ben Roethlisberger.

Pats 27-7
Zona 31-21
Seattle 24-13
Denver 14-10

All home team blowouts except Panthers narrowing beating Seahawks.

4 QBs started for more than 1 team this year (Cassell, Weeden, Mallett, Clausen). That has to be a record, doesn't it?

Denver and Arizona win big at home. Kansas City and Seattle win close on the road. All western division teams next week.

Even with Pittsburgh's injuries, don't get the Broncos win big sentiment.

Since the November 15 (the last half of the season), the Broncos have:

- Lost to the Chiefs by 16
- Beat the Bears by 2
- Beat the Pats in OT
- Beat the Chargers by 14 (the Broncos scored a total of 17 points in that game)
- Lost to the Raiders by 3
- Lost to the Steelers by 7
- Beat the Bengals in OT
- Beat the Chargers by 7

They have one win by more than 7, over a pathetic Chargers team, and have averaged less than 20 points a game during that span. This includes a home loss to the Raiders, and a narrow home win over the Chargers. Denver doesn't blow out anyone. Maybe Ben's shoulder will make him completely ineffective, but hard to see the Broncos winning easily.

CYy7znPUAAE8366.png

Pretty surprised the public has a boner for us. Perhaps reacting to what they just saw -- Seattle winning a squeaker -- trumps all.

Though the SEA backers are prolly grabbing the ML

biggest sharp bet according to that chart is the chiefs/pats under. all the square tickets are on the over, all the sharp money is on the under.

Went with (in order):

Cardinals -7 over Packers
I don't care about GB's performance at Washington. They are still a team with a lot of problems. I'd have taken Arizona up to at least -10.

KC +5 over Patriots
I think KC wins. Just a hunch. NE looks vulnerable and highly overrated.

KC/Patriots UNDER 42.5

Won't bet on the other 2 games, but I like SEA and DEN. Only like SEA because the game is a toss up and I like getting points. DEN because PIT offense is badly beat up. Won't bet on it because I'm not convinced the DEN offense can score enough to cover the spread.

Back