• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Super Bowl 50 Thread

Defense wins championships. Manning made sure he didn't get in the way. Our defense could have won a championship without our offense's fumbles.

Awaiting a TAB hot take.

hahaha POUTY CAM in the post-game presser

oh, i don't really care, hoodie does the same thing, he's gonna get ripped for that by certain folks though

Defense wins championships. Manning made sure he didn't get in the way. Our defense could have won a championship without our offense's fumbles.

I went in liking both teams but was kinda rooting for Denver, though I wasn't overly interested in the game and thought it might be a Carolina blowout. But enjoyed it much more than I thought I would because it's great in today's offense happy NFL to see 2 defenses dominate like that. But as for Manning, he did get in the way. He couldn't throw the ball effectively and had 2 TOs. He was bad - fewer yards than the Ravens with Dilfer at QB, and his team won despite him. Cam was bad too, but his OTs were consistently abused, and he didn't get much help from his receiving corps. ST also made a difference with Denver having a big punt return and making their FGs, while Gano missed 1 of his 2 attempts. Really impressed with Miller, Ware and Wade Phillips. Aside from the sacks and forced fumbles, the cool thing about Miller is his ability to cover RBs and TEs down the field - dude was amazing.

I went in liking both teams but was kinda rooting for Denver, though I wasn't overly interested in the game and thought it might be a Carolina blowout. But enjoyed it much more than I thought I would because it's great in today's offense happy NFL to see 2 defenses dominate like that. But as for Manning, he did get in the way. He couldn't throw the ball effectively and had 2 TOs. He was bad - fewer yards than the Ravens with Dilfer at QB, and his team won despite him. Cam was bad too, but his OTs were consistently abused, and he didn't get much help from his receiving corps. ST also made a difference with Denver having a big punt return and making their FGs, while Gano missed 1 of his 2 attempts. Really impressed with Miller, Ware and Wade Phillips. Aside from the sacks and forced fumbles, the cool thing about Miller is his ability to cover RBs and TEs down the field - dude was amazing.

I know it's tough to hang up the cleats, but Manning lost the golden opportunity to retire and soak in the glory. A retirement announcement next month will be meh. He would be so stupid to Brett Farve it.

I know it's tough to hang up the cleats, but Manning lost the golden opportunity to retire and soak in the glory. A retirement announcement next month will be meh. He would be so stupid to Brett Farve it.

No way he comes back next year Favre style. He's done and he knows it. I think he didn't announce last night out of respect for his teammates and the defense, who should've gotten all the attention. It's already been more about him than play on the field says it should be, and announcing his retirement last night would've only made it even more about him.

Cam - QBR-16.9 with rating of 55.4 - comp%=43.9
Manning - QBR-9.9 with rating of 56.6 - comp%=56.5

Ouch for both QBRs. Obviously, Manning understood what needed to happen for Broncos to win but certainly wasn't outplayed by Cam.

Back