• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Wild Card Weekend Thread: We All Like That

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score
Wild card games starting tomorrow with the AFC and the NFC on Sunday. Lots of road favorites, and a super cold game expected in Minnesota.

I like Houston over Kansas City. Defense steps it up against Alex Smith and we get a JJ Watt love-fest from the announcers.

Pittsburgh easy win over AJ McCarron and Cincy. If Dalton was playing I'd like Cincy. If Big Ben is off though, watch out since no D. Williams for the Steelers.

Redskins over Green Bay. We all like that.

Seattle over Minnesota, but a close one in a cold, grind it out smashmouth type game

Enjoy.

4 home qbs who have no playoff experience? That spells disaster. Remember Eli's first playoff game? Panthers gave him a beatdown.

Just heard the stat that for each of the last 11 years, at least one of the teams that won a Wild Card round game, won the next week to advance to the conference championship round. So, someone playing this weekend will be playing in two weeks, and maybe in 4 weeks.

So maybe the Packers have a shot at playing in Charlotte. Good for them.

I really like Cincy +3 over Pittsburgh. I don't give a flip over who the QB is for Cincy... It isn't like Dalton has ever done anything. Biggest wager of the weekend.
I kind of like KC -3 over Houston and Washington +1 over Green Bay... Will wager a little on each.
Seattle -5 looks like a trap to me... I am staying away from that one altogether (small wager on Minnesota money line).

Also took NFC -2 over AFC in the Super Bowl, but that was more of a random, fun thing.

Have had a nice few weeks... Hoping to keep the good vibes going.

DeacHawk, the 1 I disagree on is KC. I wasn't impressed with them when they were in Baltimore 3 weeks ago. But Houston lost Brown at LT, so the other Houston is salivating right about now. I just have a hard time seeing them scoring much at all. And Alex Smith played a great game at Indy in last year's playoffs.

But as a practical matter, I don't like any of these teams other than Seattle to do any damage after this weekend.

every team except the seahawks kinda sucks this weekend

Last edited:
Took the Chiefs -3 and the under at 39.5. I don't like the fact the public is heavy on both of those but I just can't bet on Hoyer to score enough points to win today.

Lol at the clip of Alex Smith being like, "ok, nevermind then" and taking his helmet off to chill on the bench for a while.

houston is much much worse than the panthers team that made the playoffs last year

Back