• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

LK - do you set up the week or however long it is with a competition? We have a group that varies from 4-8 every year in Florida, we do a money/points race with different games each day. Always looking for ideas, toughest part is picking games that low and high cappers both enjoy and that doesn't favor either. We do a variety of stuff but probably overly complicated at this point.

I will say that one thing I did this year was get a couple dozen "gold" Pro V1's ordered that said "$20 bet, you tie you lose" printed on them. Basically you toss it on the tee box at someone, they have to take the bet, if they tie or better they win $20 (with strokes). Everyone got 1 per day. It worked out pretty well.

Depends on the group. It's usually such a wide range of handicaps that we only have little side bets.

Last trip was a foursome and I was the WORST handicap at +1 and the other 3 guys had played in a combined 15+ USGA events. I got my ass kicked all over the place.

LK - do you set up the week or however long it is with a competition? We have a group that varies from 4-8 every year in Florida, we do a money/points race with different games each day. Always looking for ideas, toughest part is picking games that low and high cappers both enjoy and that doesn't favor either. We do a variety of stuff but probably overly complicated at this point.

I will say that one thing I did this year was get a couple dozen "gold" Pro V1's ordered that said "$20 bet, you tie you lose" printed on them. Basically you toss it on the tee box at someone, they have to take the bet, if they tie or better they win $20 (with strokes). Everyone got 1 per day. It worked out pretty well.

I like that ProV1 idea!

I'm pretty sure we are going to have matches setup against members at Crail and likely Castle Stuart.

I like that ProV1 idea!

I'm pretty sure we are going to have matches setup against members at Crail and likely Castle Stuart.

At Crail our caddy was a retired physician. After the round my buddy and I were trying to get back to the Old course quickly because he was trying to get on in the afternoon - the other guys were staying around for lunch before coming back on the bus. We were talking to the caddy about getting an uber or taxi or something but it was going to be a long wait. He ended up volunteering to give us a ride back. His car was tiny and my buddy and I each had to hold our golf back in our lap 'cause his trunk was full... We made it back and he got on (he put his name on the list early in the morning before we left for Crail)...

What does it take to get on one of these trips with LK and his crowd? I don't mind getting embarrassed by better golfers...(I'm a 2.1 index)

At Crail our caddy was a retired physician. After the round my buddy and I were trying to get back to the Old course quickly because he was trying to get on in the afternoon - the other guys were staying around for lunch before coming back on the bus. We were talking to the caddy about getting an uber or taxi or something but it was going to be a long wait. He ended up volunteering to give us a ride back. His car was tiny and my buddy and I each had to hold our golf back in our lap 'cause his trunk was full... We made it back and he got on (he put his name on the list early in the morning before we left for Crail)...

What does it take to get on one of these trips with LK and his crowd? I don't mind getting embarrassed by better golfers...(I'm a 2.1 index)

Never fear, I think I am in the # 7 of 8 guys on this trip with an index of 7. I think there is one guy who is a 13 or so. So you've got me beat. Among most of my friends I'm a pretty good golfer. Among this bunch I'm the worst player on the trip :)

I'd say next to no chance with fans, and maybe less than 50% it happens at all.

Our club's courses are still open - clubhouse is mostly closed.

I got paired with a guy I didn't know yesterday afternoon. I naturally reached out to shake his hand and he responded - as we finished shaking I realized the feeling in the air was like I had just let out a huge fart or something - then I remembered we aren't supposed to be shaking hands with people... So awkward! Habits are hard to break...

Our club is still open, but I'm hearing that many clubs are adopting a policy that as soon as one member who has been present lately gets the virus they will close.

I think here in NC we are going to get a Shelter in Place order this weekend and render the whole thing moot anyway.

I reckon the Battle at the Chase is still on for next weekend, but I'm skeptical we will get to play.

Our club is still open, but I'm hearing that many clubs are adopting a policy that as soon as one member who has been present lately gets the virus they will close.

I think here in NC we are going to get a Shelter in Place order this weekend and render the whole thing moot anyway.

We're still opening and playing here at the Reserve Club in Aiken (though neighbor Palmetto has closed) with some interesting conditions besides the obvious.

1. No rakes, sand bottles, air hoses, towels, water, ice, ball washers, etc.

2. Risers have been inserted into all the holes on the Course. The risers allow the ball to come to rest 3/4" below the surface allowing the removal of the ball without touching the cup.

3. Flags on the Course are to remain in the hole.

Small price for sure. Just hope they stay open.

Does the riser work well? Same as putting it completely down in the hole?

I played saturday for the first time this season and have 3 open wounds on my hands now. Damn soap and hand sanitizer made me soft as a tissue.

Does the riser work well? Same as putting it completely down in the hole?

Our super figure out you just have to turn the cup upside down and it works perfectly as a riser. Ball goes less than an inch below the surface. Had a couple chips go in and out yesterday.

Had a couple chips go in and out yesterday.

tenor.gif

Our course has all the new rules that have been discussed here. We're bag carry only. No push carts allowed. Also, no guests except family members from out of town. Bag room has closed too.

Our course has all the new rules that have been discussed here. We're bag carry only. No push carts allowed. Also, no guests except family members from out of town. Bag room has closed too.

Hey man, my game is a dumpster fire right now...i hooped one from 60 yards yesterday and the stupid inverted cop spit it back out. It's just rude.

We're playing with the cup raised about an inch so the ball won't go in. If you hit it the ball is considered to have gone in. It makes me putt like a champ! Great visual on the cup and you can be confident you can run it by 4-5 feet and have no problem making it coming back. I had one chip in and a total of 6 birdies yesterday and shot 68...

Would love to hear the logic behind family members from out of town. Our club closed today for the foreseeable future due to governor’s order. Sucks.

Back