• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

I don't think I've ever neg repped someone

You people are mean

I don't think I've ever neg repped someone

You people are mean

When the rep was anonymous I neg repped people, not a lot, but some times when they were being stupid. Now that is not anonymous, I try to not care so much. I think I neg repped this one dude Kanhoji Angre like 100 times, though. He was a giant tool.

regular mafia games are sooooo borrringggg tho even with great themes/player roles. (see this week's game -- bym's theme and roles were awesome, and the game was still figured out super quick because we are in a rut style wise *imo*)

I believe that we need inventive ideas for game mechanics

so instead of rejecting it out of hand, why would establishing just raw numbers of civs/(any)indies/mafia at the start be a bad idea?

then if thats a good idea, why would not telling the identity of each person killed be a bad idea? when I've played mafia/werewolf in person you don't learn identities until the end of the game...

and added to that, why would giving everyone a general idea of where the game stood be a bad idea every 3rd day; i.e., day 1/4/7/etc.?

I get that it's me and I have crazy out there ideas and will overthink any game I design to death, but tell me WHY the idea is bad please. Thanks in advance.

Lol

So, what effect do you think people not knowing the dead's roles will have on the game?

Will it give more or less information? Will it reward good analysis or make the game more random?

If you were a player, how would it change day 2 and 3 if you got no new info until after day 3? What would you base your votes on? How would it affect the balance between vote analysis and pure tone?

How would it affect civ specials? Do they become more or less important? How will you change the mix of roles based on that? Do you need to adjust the number of mafia?

How will it affect claims? How will the endgame play out?

Also, how would it affect the banter? How would it affect Knight's posting and would it make him more or less likely to ruin the game for everyone? Would it be fun to play?

Upcoming schedule:

5/25: Redwing NCAA Conferences
6/1: Parlay Better Call Saul
6/8: Off week for theme game
6/15: Ryala - IASIP
6/22: Off week for theme game
6/29: GAT - Conquest of a New World
7/6: Off week for a theme game (July 4th)
7/13: Townie - Some cool-ass spy stuff

That's the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Thanks rommy!

You completely missed my point. I was not rejecting your idea. Anything and everything is on the table. I was saying you should try running a normal game, which I have never seen you run, before you try to "break the rules" in your setup. And the fact that you said you find normal mafia games boring is another sign that you don't get it, you don't understand the glue, the fabric, etc. of what makes this game fun and worth playing. Without that understanding, my assumption is you won't be able to "break the rules" to success. Compare this with Eagles' Saw game - it broke a ton of mod/setup rules but it stayed afloat because Eagles understands what girds the game.

Anyone up for a small normal end of week game? Like 13 people?

i don’t mind running

would play, thought about offering to run but i still have a couple meetings

I read the thread where toogs was giving RJKarl shit about caring about negrep, so I negrepped Toogs to see what would happen. He got the joke.

Toogs is an incredibly cool person like that - he's able to look at something and say, "valuable" or "not valuable." I fucking dig his personality (and ability to eat hamburgers in a ski mask).

So, what effect do you think people not knowing the dead's roles will have on the game?

Will it give more or less information? Will it reward good analysis or make the game more random?

If you were a player, how would it change day 2 and 3 if you got no new info until after day 3? What would you base your votes on? How would it affect the balance between vote analysis and pure tone?

How would it affect civ specials? Do they become more or less important? How will you change the mix of roles based on that? Do you need to adjust the number of mafia?

How will it affect claims? How will the endgame play out?

I love that you're actually going to spend the time/effort to see what this rabbit hole full of dogshit looks like.

Ok, I finished this week's game rankings. 21/20 was hella hard because of Parlay's hissy fit. He hung on to 20 over DV7 though. Eagles hung on to the top 10. Gouda's angel play is #1 for me.

Back