• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official post-2020 Democrats Thread - Dems in Disarray! Hot takes welcome here!

Some real rocket engineering from Beto there. How could they not identify those issues well in advance? I think the fact that some Dems won't just say, "yes we should have border security" comes back to bite them.

That's a great statement by Beto, and points to what many posters have been saying here about the weaknesses of the Democratic Party.

Almost as if the party leadership is out of touch and are more concerned with their own positions of power than having the party as a whole succeed. Huh.

the delusion is that the big time funders of the party actually give a fuck about how people along the border of the Texas-Mexico border feel

It was an interesting read.

I think he’s right about identifying and running on popular policies.

I think he doesn’t really take into account right wing propaganda when he talks about Bernie and AOC becoming less popular due to left wing policies.

good read. the idea that the entire democratic coalition won't be required to beat the GOP is just crazy talk. and some progressive policy is possible but the electoral reality requires it to be tempered and focused.

Last edited:
good read. the idea that the entire democratic coalition won't be required to beat the GOP is just crazy talk. and some progressive policy is possible but the electoral reality requires it to be tempered and focused.

You of course have proof that this is the case, correct?

If the Democrats can temper their message perfectly, then they might have a tiny chance of beating the fascist racists Republicans.

Swell country we have.

You of course have proof that this is the case, correct?

It is my opinion. How would I have proof? It seems to be supported by the author of that article tilt posted. Read away.

sorry, you can't have healthcare for ten more years because we need to be tempered in our progress

If the Democrats can temper their message perfectly, then they might have a tiny chance of beating the fascist racists Republicans.

Swell country we have.

Indeed. What a depressing read that was. The interviewer kept looking for some nuggets of hope, and he kept shooting them down time after time. It's very difficult to read that and not come away with the conclusion that the Democrats are screwed for another decade, at least unless they drop their public support for certain groups and progressive policies. What a world.

Last edited:
I’m sure Republicans are doing something similar and they’ll carry white working class votes just fine. The self-flagellation over Dems doing what thousands of other people are doing tonight is ridiculous.

Love to be tempered and focused as we head towards climate apocalypse.

When the millennials take over, they’ll just go out for beers.

When the millennials take over, they’ll just go out for beers.

Politics won’t get done in smoky back rooms but on Twitch streams via Discord chats

Back