• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL professional wrestling thread

Overall solid show. Look forward to where they go with Logan Paul.
Rhea can across as such a badass.
LA Knight showed legit star power

Solid B Premium Live Event

What happened with CM Punk and the fallout from the AEW backstage brawl? has everything been resolved?

OR WAS HE??!?!?!?!

I've seen some pretty crazy theories that Punk is actually the guy in the demon mask right now. There is zero chance this is the case, but some people still hope. I wasn't a huge Punk fan or anything, but I would have liked things to work out better with him.

Wait he was fired? I imagine they paid him out a settlement so he wouldn’t sue?

Wait he was fired? I imagine they paid him out a settlement so he wouldn’t sue?

AEW says fired for cause after assaulting Jack Perry back stage.

I’m sure Punk tries to sue to get his money.

Ah ok. I thought the story was that he was assaulted by others.

Ah ok. I thought the story was that he was assaulted by others.
That was the first time around, and from what came out eventually, he (or his entourage) was the one that instigated that conflict as well. The Young Bucks showed up with the head of legal, so it is pretty certain that they didn't start anything.

Punk did say that he wasn't going to sue after he was fired. This second incident also included Punk getting in a confrontation with Tony Khan, who said "he feared for his life," so there was little chance he was going to stick around, despite them trying to do everything they could to make things work out after the first go around. And by everything, I mean giving Punk his own show with his own people and hoping that would keep him from exploding.

OR WAS HE??!?!?!?!

I've seen some pretty crazy theories that Punk is actually the guy in the demon mask right now. There is zero chance this is the case, but some people still hope. I wasn't a huge Punk fan or anything, but I would have liked things to work out better with him.
i've heard that theory as well. I love it...don't believe it. I think it's Adam Cole. But i love the idea

i've heard that theory as well. I love it...don't believe it. I think it's Adam Cole. But i love the idea
Honestly, I’d be disappointed in Adam Cole. Seems too basic.

I’d love it to be Punk and I was worked for all of this time. But, Hakeem…

It's not Cole. Cole is legit hurt. I've heard it could be Britt Baker which would be amazing.
i'm still expecting it to be Cole. I know he's hurt...but is he as hurt as they say? And you can use a stand in while he is actually hurt and then have it be him when you finally unveil.

Britt Baker would be incredible.

Also, MJF is an absolute stud. Dude is working something like 4 different storylines right now?

Britt would be very funny, but that would imply that women in AEW get more than one storyline, which isn't how things work. Cole is the obvious answer, but then they have to stretch this out for months while he recovers from surgery.

Britt would be very funny, but that would imply that women in AEW get more than one storyline, which isn't how things work. Cole is the obvious answer, but then they have to stretch this out for months while he recovers from surgery.
The way women are handled is my biggest complaint about AEW.

Right now, there are multiple storylines with both Julia and Toni Storm, but the champions, Shida (<3) and Kris Statlander are ancillary characters.

Sorry, one storyline per show. But yeah, lots of potential for the women if they only got time. Sometimes injury is a part of it (Stat a couple times, Hayter), the pandemic really derailed what looked like was going to be a joshi-centric division, but really it just seems like nobody running the show cares.

The champs having no story isn't just a women's division problem. Most of the time there is no plan after someone wins a title. MJF is definitely an exception.

Still not watching WWE, but if I were, I'd be very excited for the new and improved Damage CRTL.

Back