• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Queen Elizabeth Death Thread (Political)

what would happen if the monarchy just disappeared?

what void in things that matter in life is created?

what the hell would Britain put on their coins now?

Evergreen
08afb8c51bf8951aa0d3ac04da0e7dd2.jpg

People who celebrate monarchy or are enamored with monarchy are fucking idiots. It’s an even more perverse form of celebrity worship because at least, presumably, celebrities did something interesting to become famous.

People who celebrate monarchy or are enamored with monarchy are fucking idiots. It’s an even more perverse form of celebrity worship because at least, presumably, celebrities did something interesting to become famous.

Being born isn't interesting enough?

When Malcolm X, who is considered the movement’s second-in-command, and heir apparent, points out that the cry of “violence” was not raised, for example, when the Israelis fought to regain Israel, and, indeed, is raised only when black men indicate that they will fight for theirrights, he is speaking the truth. The conquests of England, every single one of them bloody, are part of what Americans have in mind when they speak of England’s glory. In the United States, violence and heroism have been made synonymous except when it comes to blacks, and the only way to defeat Malcolm’s point is to concede it and then ask oneself why this is so.

James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

Evergreen
08afb8c51bf8951aa0d3ac04da0e7dd2.jpg
Man when I was in Dublin for the 2006 Champions League final between Barcelona and Arsenal I was expecting a lot more Barça support from the locals against a team from the capital city of the people they hate. But I was wrong.

Case in point, there is an Oscar winning movie about Queen Elizabeth's father overcoming his stutter while other people fought Nazis. It's the most perverse form of celebrity worship.

Back