• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Republicans are losing their minds... Mike Conaway says mariachi bands playing for Clinton are equivalent to Russian hacking.

WASHINGTON — A Texas lawmaker on the House intelligence committee says it wasn't just the Russians who interfered in last year's election.

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Midland, is comparing the use of Mexican entertainers to energize Democratic voters to the email hacking that officials say was orchestrated by Vladimir Putin's government.

“Harry Reid and the Democrats brought in Mexican soap opera stars, singers and entertainers who had immense influence in those communities into Las Vegas, to entertain, get out the vote and so forth,” Conaway told The Dallas Morning News this week. “Those are foreign actors, foreign people, influencing the vote in Nevada. You don’t hear the Democrats screaming and saying one word about that.”

Asked whether he considers that on par with Russian cyber-intrusions that aimed to damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign, Conaway said: “Sure it is, it’s foreign influence. If we’re worried about foreign influence, let’s have the whole story.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...king-like-mexican-singers-campaigning-clinton

That is hilarious. Were the people he was referring to even Mexican or where they just Latino?

Republicans are losing their minds... Mike Conaway says mariachi bands playing for Clinton are equivalent to Russian hacking.

WASHINGTON — A Texas lawmaker on the House intelligence committee says it wasn't just the Russians who interfered in last year's election.

Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Midland, is comparing the use of Mexican entertainers to energize Democratic voters to the email hacking that officials say was orchestrated by Vladimir Putin's government.

“Harry Reid and the Democrats brought in Mexican soap opera stars, singers and entertainers who had immense influence in those communities into Las Vegas, to entertain, get out the vote and so forth,” Conaway told The Dallas Morning News this week. “Those are foreign actors, foreign people, influencing the vote in Nevada. You don’t hear the Democrats screaming and saying one word about that.”

Asked whether he considers that on par with Russian cyber-intrusions that aimed to damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign, Conaway said: “Sure it is, it’s foreign influence. If we’re worried about foreign influence, let’s have the whole story.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...king-like-mexican-singers-campaigning-clinton

the Russians did it better, get over it

That's brilliant work if "foreign actors..." was played tongue-in-cheek..

Good idea Jimmy. Now let's make sure the RNC and Trump campaign servers are turned over as well to see if theirs were hacked.

FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump

"The agencies involved in the inquiry are the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and representatives of the director of national intelligence, the sources said."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html

FBI, 5 other agencies probe possible covert Kremlin aid to Trump

"The agencies involved in the inquiry are the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and representatives of the director of national intelligence, the sources said."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article127231799.html

Nice work Ranger. Just came on to post the same article.

"Investigators are examining how money may have moved from the Kremlin to covertly help Trump win, the two sources said. One of the allegations involves whether a system for routinely paying thousands of Russian-American pensioners may have been used to pay some email hackers in the United States or to supply money to intermediaries who would then pay the hackers, the two sources said.

The informal, inter-agency working group began to explore possible Russian interference last spring, long before the FBI received information from a former British spy hired to develop politically damaging and unverified research about Trump, according to the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the inquiry."

It's better to stick it to the liberals and hope for the best with a narcissistic billionaire.

Great strategy.

I agree with Steve Harvey here. He gets bashed from the left and his fans for meeting with Trump. What is the response to Harvey's comments here?

"Steve Harvey defended his decision to meet with President-elect Donald Trump on Monday during his radio show, saying he has received backlash since his highly publicized meeting with Trump on Friday.

“On a personal note, a lot of ya’ll hurt me,” he said on his radio show. “You really did. I didn’t expect the backlash to be so fierce.”

Harvey said he felt it was important to meet with the president-elect when asked.

“… I have an obligation to take a seat at the table when invited,” Harvey said. “Change can only happen if you sit at the table… If you’re not at the table you can’t even… suggest what we should be doing. Therefore, it was very important for me to take the meeting.”

actually, in America you're not obligated to do anything. I think that's the point, you trumpshill donks.

I agree with Steve Harvey here. He gets bashed from the left and his fans for meeting with Trump. What is the response to Harvey's comments here?

"Steve Harvey defended his decision to meet with President-elect Donald Trump on Monday during his radio show, saying he has received backlash since his highly publicized meeting with Trump on Friday.

“On a personal note, a lot of ya’ll hurt me,” he said on his radio show. “You really did. I didn’t expect the backlash to be so fierce.”

Harvey said he felt it was important to meet with the president-elect when asked.

“… I have an obligation to take a seat at the table when invited,” Harvey said. “Change can only happen if you sit at the table… If you’re not at the table you can’t even… suggest what we should be doing. Therefore, it was very important for me to take the meeting.”

My response is that he shouldn't have been surprised by the backlash. He had no such obligation. Like everything in life, his actions had consequences. Sounds like he's being a snowflake.

Tom Brady, Michael Jordan and other athletes who skipped their White House visit

Tim Thomas -A recognized Tea Partier, goaltender Tim Thomas refused to join the 2011 Stanley Cup champion Bruins on their trip to the White House, choosing to represent himself instead of his team.
Tom Brady - Patriots quarterback Tom Brady backed out of his White House celebration in 2015, citing a previously planned “family commitment.”
Manny Ramirez - Manny being Manny
James Harrison - “If you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl,” he said.
Tom Lehman - Christian golfer Tom Lehman declined to meet President Bill Clinton on principle, instead calling him a “draft-dodging baby killer.”
Michael Jordan - “How can I be disrespecting the president when I choose to spend time with my family?”
Larry Bird - “If the president wants to see me,” Bird said, “he knows where to find me.”
Matt Birk - "“I am Catholic. I am active in the pro-life movement, and I just felt like I couldn't deal with that. I couldn't endorse that in any way.”

to name a few

Back