• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

"Don't act stupid. Opposition reasearch paid for by Americans is legal. Opposition research paid for by the Russians is not."....Richard W Painter

Let’s say everything alleged is true for all sides - doesn’t this also mean that other GOP candidates “colluded” with Russia during the primary? Isn’t the allegation also that GOP groups passed on the research and the Clinton campaign picked it up?

Republicans learned their lesson. Donald Trump is much more in tune with modern Republican values than Mitt Romney.

Why is it so hard to accept an unlikable candidate got beat? Why are we chasing this Russia excuse? There is no way Biden would have lost to Trump. Run better candidates next time.

Why is it so hard to accept that Russia meddling in our election is a serious and dangerous problem regardless of who won? Trump getting impeached over this would be sweet sweet icing on exposing attempted election engineering by a foreign power and preventing it from happening again.

Why is it so hard to accept an unlikable candidate got beat? Why are we chasing this Russia excuse? There is no way Biden would have lost to Trump. Run better candidates next time.

What you are saying and what I am saying are not mutually exclusive, despite your desire to make it so.

Look at sailor's indecipherable gook that he posts here on an almost-daily basis. Is that what you aspire to be?

I'll ask it here, since you didn't respond on the other thread. How do you feel about the fact that your party has no more room for people like Flake/Corker/Romney/McCain? Are you happy that Roy Moore will be a US Senator?

I still don't get how Hillary hiring a consulting firm, that in turn hired a Brit, to investigate Trump's links with Russia and then releasing the bulk of the gathered information two months after the election equals Hillary committing treason to collude with Russia to subvert the election. I'm just an ornithologist though.

Pretty sure hiring a Brit to do your oppo research is illegal, so Hillary's campaign is guilty of something (see the tweet that Ranger posted accusing congressional Pubs of similar tactics). I'd be happy if she went to jail so that Pubs could stop using her as a distraction and we can get to the bottom of covert foreign interference in our elections.

I know it will never get answered, but I still want to now why this was all fake news when it was about Donald but now that there's a link to Hillary it's clearly real.

I mean we all know the answer: partisan hacks, but is there even a colorable substantive argument that conservatives want to advance here or are we just going to move on and hope nobody notices?

Thanks moon this clears it up, for sure. NYPost reports that Clinton hired a US law firm, which in turn contracted with a company, Fusion GPS (which in turn contracted out to a Brit), that had previously been hired by someone else entirely, that had ties to Russia, to do work in opposition to the Maginski act. Now I'm embarrassed for my previous confusion as to how this equates to Clinton colluding with Russia to manipulate the election.

I'm waiting to reserve judgment until after Claude Taylor and Louise Mensch weigh in

Russian Interference Had No Impact On Election, Reports Website Created 8 Minutes Ago

WASHINGTON—Stating conclusively that the meddling was “negligible at best,” TruthBeacon.org, an entirely new website created eight minutes ago, declared that Russian interference had no impact on the 2016 U.S. presidential election. “Experts have determined without a doubt that there is absolutely no truth to allegations that Russian interference, which was limited to a handful of barely viewed social media ads, influenced the outcome of last year’s election,” read the website that was reportedly registered last night and began rapidly publishing content for the very first time less than 10 minutes ago. “Also, all the investigations into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia have been unable to scrape together a single piece of evidence over the last year. Millions of taxpayer dollars wasted in what is decisively a witch hunt!” According to sources, TruthBeacon.org had crashed five minutes ago due to overwhelming traffic.

In an email sent in late July 2016 and recently reviewed by the person, Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix told other employees at the firm and Rebekah Mercer, a top Republican donor, that he had recently reached out to Mr. Assange to offer help better indexing the messages WikiLeaks was releasing to make them more easily searchable. Those emails included a trove of messages stolen from Mrs. Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta’s account and from the Democratic National Committee.

So the data firm owned by a top Trump donor / Bannon backer that worked for the Trump campaign offered to help Assange, and we know this because he told people about it in an email.

Never email.

Why is it so hard to accept that Russia meddling in our election is a serious and dangerous problem regardless of who won? Trump getting impeached over this would be sweet sweet icing on exposing attempted election engineering by a foreign power and preventing it from happening again.

These concerns would be more believable as a stand alone issue, but, to hear it told, Dems never seem to lose an election. If it's not hanging chads, it's swiftboating. If it's not gerrymandering, it's Russia!

You guys have turned into NC State fans watching the Sweet 16. Always cheated and undepheated. Your hysteria means nothing because it is omnipresent.

These concerns would be more believable as a stand alone issue, but, to hear it told, Dems never seem to lose an election. If it's not hanging chads, it's swiftboating. If it's not gerrymandering, it's Russia!

You guys have turned into NC State fans watching the Sweet 16. Always cheated and undepheated. Your hysteria means nothing because it is omnipresent.

You can save time by just posting "I don't give a shit" over and over again. Its more intellectually honest as well.

Don't turn into sailor. Don't do it.

Back