• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

These guys are/were convinced that Hillary has been committing conspiracy and treason for years and they all thought they could just get away with it "too." I think they sincerely thought that the investigative powers of Congress and the FBI were diminutive and that there would be no consequences for their actions, not realizing the Congress had launched dozens of real investigations that found nothing and that the FBI actually determined that there was no malicious intent.

Had this exact conversation with two friends at the bar tonight. They're pretty sharp guys, and they were making up facts as they went along. Proof they were wrong about almost everything via any means was fake news. It was infuriating and insightful at the same time.

This is what society is up against. For every well sourced WaPo article, these idiots have a Breitbart opinion piece throwing crap at the wall to shitcloud discourse.

And Trump's tweetstorm tonight now makes more sense...

Special Counsel sends wide-ranging request for documents to Justice Department

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating whether President Donald Trump sought to obstruct a federal inquiry into connections between his presidential campaign and Russian operatives has now directed the Justice Department to turn over a broad array of documents, ABC News has learned.

In particular, Mueller's investigators are keen to obtain emails related to the firing of FBI Director James Comey and the earlier decision of Attorney General Jeff Sessions to recuse himself from the entire matter, according to a source who has not seen the specific request but was told about it.

Issued within the past month, the directive marks the special counsel's first records request to the Justice Department, and it means Mueller is now demanding documents from the department overseeing his investigation.

Had this exact conversation with two friends at the bar tonight. They're pretty sharp guys, and they were making up facts as they went along. Proof they were wrong about almost everything via any means was fake news. It was infuriating and insightful at the same time.

They’re not that sharp.

tenor.gif

"Trump: "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters""

Dude called it.

actually, he was exaggerating, as he often does

Not really. We've seen plenty of evidence that conservatives will support cops and random assholes who kill people, sometimes on video. Why would Trump be different?

I've been continuing to follow this story and still am unclear. What is the potential end game with these allegations? It seems painfully obvious that the Trump campaign had extensive, inappropriate contact with Russia prior to the election, but what actually needs to be proven/shown for this to have meaningful consequences to the administration?

I've been continuing to follow this story and still am unclear. What is the potential end game with these allegations? It seems painfully obvious that the Trump campaign had extensive, inappropriate contact with Russia prior to the election, but what actually needs to be proven/shown for this to have meaningful consequences to the administration?

I think it's already had meaningful consequences for the admin in the sense that it has cast them under a cloud of suspicion for an entire year.

Beyond that, the only way this has a meaningful impact is some proverbial smoking gun indicating collusion that can be explained to a rube in about 20 words or less, otherwise the whole thing will be portrayed as a witch hunt no matter who burns for it.

I think it's already had meaningful consequences for the admin in the sense that it has cast them under a cloud of suspicion for an entire year.

Beyond that, the only way this has a meaningful impact is some proverbial smoking gun indicating collusion that can be explained to a rube in about 20 words or less, otherwise the whole thing will be portrayed as a witch hunt no matter who burns for it.

Ex-Fox News Employee Says She Was Blocked From Investigating Trump-Russia Ties

A former Fox News employee said the network blocked her from going to Moscow to investigate President Donald Trump’s links with Russia, one of several claims of news bias at 21st Century Fox Inc. made by former and current workers opposing its takeover of Sky Plc.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/...igation-of-trump-russia-ties-ex-employee-says

“You can’t do in-depth reporting if you’re not there,” said Jessica Golloher, a former Fox Radio correspondent who is suing the division for gender discrimination, at a gathering with U.K. lawmakers and citizens in Parliament on Monday. “Fox didn’t let me go to Moscow to dig into Trump’s Russian connections, even when I offered to pay my own way.”

Back