• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

And which prove Donnie was colluding with Wikileaks (a Russian agent)...

If they didn't do anything wrong, NBD, right? Lets investigate everyone #draintheswamp.

LOL.

I dare Sessions/Trump to appoint a special counsel to investigate Hillary. After Trump's public flogging of Sessions to investigate crooked Hillary and the Dems, this would look extremely political and could likely be seen as an abuse of power....which is...wait for it...another impeachable offense (how many are we up to?).

Ben Wittes is writing a good analysis of this story on twitter right now.

Also it appears that a portion of the Republicans' request/rationale for a special counsel was literally crowdsourced from the Donald subreddit.

But you do you House GOP. Go forth and investigate.

A GOP STAFFER CROWDSOURCED AN ANTI-CLINTON RESOLUTION FROM REDDIT

"Thursday night, three Twitter users discovered that a staffer for one of the resolution’s sponsors attempted to crowdsource a number of the resolution's salient points from r/The_Donald, a subreddit notorious for playing host to unfounded conspiracy theories and anti-Islam tendencies. In other words, not a conventional source of legislative inspiration."

https://www.wired.com/story/republican-staffer-the-donald-resolution/amp

Last edited:
Hmmmm I have a feeling Pence will regret making this statement.

Last edited:
Grassley: Trump Jr.’s exchanges with WikiLeaks ‘very innocuous’

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said Tuesday the exchanges between Donald Trump Jr. and WikiLeaks prior to the 2016 presidential election seem “very innocuous.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/360400-grassley-trump-jrs-exchanges-with-wikileaks-very-innocuous

“I read those emails. He only responded to two or three of them, and they were very innocuous. So I don’t even know why you’d be asking about him if you read them,” Grassley told CNN.

Grassley...what a patriot.

At best, this seemed to be sensationalized reporting. Buried in the story was that these were for non US elections:

Much as checks include a memo line, wire transfers often include a note that states what the money is for. The note on this set of transfers did not indicate what election the money was to be used for, or even the country. Seven nations had federal elections during the span when the funds were sent — including the Duma, Russia’s lower house of Parliament.

#nothingburger

Why would Russian banks send money to the US to help fund their own Parliamentary elections? Makes you wonder.

Back