• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

It wasn't intentional, jh

ETA: which is a shame because it was pretty funny

Last edited:
Please speak English.

Your call to action to hold accountable those who would expose us to national security risks via mishandling of classified information.. say, through a personal e-mail server set up to avoid FOIA requests and potentially uncomfortable questions about selling access disguised as God's work... things like that.. was brilliant work.

Your call to action to hold accountable those who would expose us to national security risks via mishandling of classified information.. say, through a personal e-mail server set up to avoid FOIA requests and potentially uncomfortable questions about selling access disguised as God's work... things like that.. was brilliant work.

Except there wasn't any according to the FBI.

But you have no problem with a foreign government impacting multiple levels of a US election.

Except there wasn't any according to the FBI.

But you have no problem with a foreign government impacting multiple levels of a US election.

Ah.. my friend RJ ... I think I missed your answer the other day: How are contributions to the Clinton Foundation coming along these days?

You won't read it, I know, but I'll post it anyway, just in case.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/4/13500018/clinton-email-scandal-bullshit

Thanks. Do you think the people who thought it was absurd that Trump said the election could be rigged now believe Russia rigged the election? I'm not needling you, I'm genuinely asking if the attempt to influence = the dreaded rigging.

Basically, is Trump the President-Elect or not?

No worries (on the needling), I think it's a good question to ask to pressure test those of us who are riding this issue hard (myself included).

For me, Trump's claim that the election was rigged/would be rigged is actually not that far of a cry from what Russia is trying to do. Both tactics work towards undermining the validity of the election but with different objectives. Trump was trying to defeat Hillary using any means necessary while Putin was trying to avenge his belief that HRC was one of the root causes of protests in 2011 that almost collapsed his government. I also believe Putin wants to see the world move away from liberal (small l)/capitalist ideals (and alliances they bear) and towards more centralized styles of government. That way he can get in on a piece of the pie that has grown since the fall of Soviet Russia while still retaining power.

Personally I believe Trump is PEOTUS despite Russian interference. A lot of this information was available prior to the election and it's our responsibility to inform ourselves beyond the fun sound bites spewed by our own echo chambers of Fox News, Breitbart, CNN, MSNBC, Daily Kos, etc. To do that requires some effort as well as a willingness to criticize your own team when they are wrong. And I'm not saying this is an easy thing to do (I fail at it daily) but it's imperative for the survival of this great country. I personally think Trump is dangerous due to his naïveté and hubris but I really fear what may come after him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ONW
Ah.. my friend RJ ... I think I missed your answer the other day: How are contributions to the Clinton Foundation coming along these days?

The good thing is we will find out because they actually make their tax returns public knowledge.

No worries (on the needling), I think it's a good question to ask to pressure test those of us who are riding this issue hard (myself included).

For me, Trump's claim that the election was rigged/would be rigged is actually not that far of a cry from what Russia is trying to do. Both tactics work towards undermining the validity of the election but with different objectives. Trump was trying to defeat Hillary using any means necessary while Putin was trying to avenge his belief that HRC was one of the root causes of protests in 2011 that almost collapsed his government. I also believe Putin wants to see the world move away from liberal (small l)/capitalist ideals (and alliances they bear) and towards more centralized styles of government. That way he can get in on a piece of the pie that has grown since the fall of Soviet Russia while still retaining power.

Personally I believe Trump is PEOTUS despite Russian interference. A lot of this information was available prior to the election and it's our responsibility to inform ourselves beyond the fun sound bites spewed by our own echo chambers of Fox News, Breitbart, CNN, MSNBC, Daily Kos, etc. To do that requires some effort as well as a willingness to criticize your own team when they are wrong. And I'm not saying this is an easy thing to do (I fail at it daily) but it's imperative for the survival of this great country. I personally think Trump is dangerous due to his naïveté and hubris but I really fear what may come after him.

+1

Who cares? Once again you are brainwashed. The RW BS was proven to be lies on that as well.

My bad, the Prince of Bahrain wouldn't have gotten a meeting nor would a Nobel Laureate.

But it's OK to pay Putin $500BILLION for helping Trump win.

As an aside, I've always found it funny that the server is always described as located in a basement and why that's relevant. Was it actually in a basement and does that make it more diabolical?

As an aside, I've always found it funny that the server is always described as located in a basement and why that's relevant. Was it actually in a basement and does that make it more diabolical?

Because it was in Bill's bondage room.

The good thing is we will find out because they actually make their tax returns public knowledge.

Pretty sure that as a tax exempt organization their 990's are public whether they like it or not.

Who cares? Once again you are brainwashed. The RW BS was proven to be lies on that as well.

My bad, the Prince of Bahrain wouldn't have gotten a meeting nor would a Nobel Laureate.

But it's OK to pay Putin $500BILLION for helping Trump win.

Who exactly payed Putin 500 Billion? that is quite a nice chunk of change. You got receipts?

I would be tempted to help Hillary for that much money.

Back