• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Bob - the WAPO story originally claimed that Russian malware (same that infected Podestas computer) had infected Vermont's electrical grid when in reality the malware had infected an employee's laptop (that could potentially connect to the grid). WAPO retracted and updated their headlines as soon as they were alerted. That's hardly fake news.

Comrade Bob is all about deflection and propaganda to support Trump and his Russian overlords.

Are all anti-trumpers now neocon? Is there no middle path now?

I certainly would not have gone on a media blitz to argue that a good deal of cyber security in the US is fiction. Everybody should suspect that anyway. Drawing attention to it is self-defeating and mindless, and even worse, when your main objective appears to be cheap political theater to appease uninformed hysterical followers or cynically posturing Congressional critics.)

If the president wants to retaliate, he should do it surreptitiously and in manner that hurts the perpetrator. We should not know specifically about the retaliation but the intruder should feel it. If he can't do that, the president should shut up and get to work on making the next potential intruder's job a lot harder.

This is actually a pretty good post IMO. It is hard to cry foul when we are doing the exact same thing all across the world and probably doing it more effectively. The key is how you react to being beaten. In this case we were beaten and our response was to speak from the moral high ground. We don't occupy that space. There is no court or enforcement agency because we don't want one. We would be the chief perpetrator of such crimes.

I have no problem with labeling the Russian interference. The more appropriate response would subversive and not in the open to make a media scene. It's laughable and I am pretty sure that is why Putin felt no need to respond to Obamas actions. Obama is the kid that cried 'MOM! Russia's picking on me!!" We played right into their hands and placed them in he position of power. If we wanted to show Russia our displeasure we should have waited until we had our opportunity and knocked em square in the eyes rather than throw a meaningless temper tantrum.

This is indicative of Obamas foreign policy outlook though. Remember he is the one that scoffed at Romney for calling Russia the biggest geo political foe. "The 80's called Gov. Romney and they want their foreign policy back." Turns out that Romney was pretty much spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Of course everyone spies on each other, but we don't make it public. When we catch someone doing to us privately, we hit back privately. If someone puts out the info every week or more during an election, we had to hit back publicly and privately.

The worst thing can Trump can do early in his presidency is to retract what Obama has done It give Putin a green flag to up the ante. It will show unqualified weakness to any world leader.

More FAKE NEWS from the MSM.
Washington Post retracts story about Russian hack at Vermont utility
http://nypost.com/2017/01/01/washington-post-retracts-story-about-russian-hack-at-vermont-utility/

Investigation.jpg

[h=1]Rep. Schiff: Congress will push for Russia sanctions if Trump undoes Obama's action[/h]
California Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Sunday that there will be a stronger push for sanctions against Russia if Donald Trump moves to undo them.

"The direction is going to be even more vigorous, I'm convinced, in favor of stronger sanctions against Russia," he said. "You're going to see Democrats and Republicans like McCain and Graham and others come together with a strong sanction package."

Speaking on "This Week with George Stephanopoulos," Schiff said not enough has been done to Russia following their hacking of the U.S. presidential election, adding that there is "bipartisan support in Congress for stronger sanctions against Russia."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-russia-sanctions-adam-schiff-233096

It's far from a given that Russia was involved, and yet Politico reports it as a given. Shameful propaganda outlet for the establishment.

Does Iraq still have WMD? I'm putting the odds that Russia hacked Hillary's email at 1%.

If there's anything I've learned this election season is that CNN should be viewed as ridiculously as I viewed the source of right-wing nut-jobs articles that I mocked a year ago.

Last edited:
Does Iraq still have WMD? I'm putting the odds that Russia hacked Hillary's email at 1%.

If there's anything I've learned this election season is that CNN should be viewed as ridiculously as I viewed the source of right-wing nut-jobs articles that I mocked a year ago.

Palma does not lose a lot of these bets. He's like Vegas.

Hacked HRC's personal email? Who's saying that?

I just flat out refuse to believe that this guy spends his time talking to computer nerds

article-1325127-0BD5DE6E000005DC-856_308x425.jpg

I R confuse. Isn't this whole thing about HRC's personal email being leaked by some hacker?

No (unless I missed a piece of this story somewhere).

The claim is that Russian intelligence hacked email accounts of John Podesta, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the DNC and several others. They then worked with Wikileaks to disseminate the information with the primary objective of undermining the validity of US elections as well as hurting HRC for allegedly inciting protests before Russia's 2011 election. Several stories have claimed that Putin was also actively meddling in order to help Trump.

No (unless I missed a piece of this story somewhere).

The claim is that Russian intelligence hacked email accounts of John Podesta, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the DNC and several others. They then worked with Wikileaks to disseminate the information with the primary objective of undermining the validity of US elections as well as hurting HRC for allegedly inciting protests before Russia's 2011 election. Several stories have claimed that Putin was also actively meddling in order to help Trump.

So they hacked everyone but HRC? I didn't realize that. Then what was the hub-ub all about with HRC using a private server?

Kinda like the idea that Russia hacked our election?

Basically, it was what Nixon was trying to do with the Watergate break in back in the old days when you had to physically break in and steal embarrassing info to disseminate.

Back