• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

I plan to spend the next four years as one of the old bros in the balcony on the Muppets (more of a Waldorf man (. I get to laugh at everybody.

I look forward to humorous critiques of the Trump administration! (Unzipped and waiting, as they say.)

aeqxqa.png
[/IMG]

Meh. Leave the jingoism to the tribes. Now is the time for men of your caliber to rise to the occasion and tell both parties how they can improve.

This is great advice for the next few years. Hopefully, we can start having these types of conversations on here more often.

Says the guy who posts on a message board more often than I do (which is already way too much).

Its pretty simple...you either like what's going on or you don't. Count me in the latter.

Putin also hacked electrical utility computers in Vermont. But that makes his smart to Trump and Trump's lemmings.

The US' and Russia's spies have been hacking into each others' utilities for years. It's their job. The Vermont story was just quiche for the naivest of the Hillshills.

The US' and Russia's spies have been hacking into each others' utilities for years. It's their job. The Vermont story was just quiche for the naivest of the Hillshills.

This is such an interesting argument. We do it, they do it, they got caught, but we do it also and haven't been caught, so no biggie?

How so post the primaries and the national election?

This is such an interesting argument. We do it, they do it, they got caught, but we do it also and haven't been caught, so no biggie?

How do you know that we have not been caught? I'm sure we have been. This is a game of cat and mouse. The job of the government is to protect us. If the Russians have successfully hacked us, then our government needs to improve our cyber defenses instead of crying foul and publicly bitching. We look ridiculous and weak; and all this just to grandstand for a bunch of poorly informed hyperventilating donkeys. You guys need to get a grip. It's a nasty world out there. Mr. Whiny Nice Guy foreign policy is a loser, always has been and always will be. Obama is making his administration's poor foreign policy look even worse.

How do you know that we have not been caught? I'm sure we have been. This is a game of cat and mouse. The job of the government is to protect us. If the Russians have successfully hacked us, then our government needs to improve our cyber defenses instead of crying foul and publicly bitching. We look ridiculous and weak; and all this just to grandstand for a bunch of poorly informed hyperventilating donkeys. You guys need to get a grip. It's a nasty world out there. Mr. Whiny Nice Guy foreign policy is a loser, always has been and always will be. Obama is making his administration's poor foreign policy look even worse.

The thief shouldn't go to jail- the shopkeeper should have had better security.

The thief shouldn't go to jail- the shopkeeper should have had better security.

Don't be silly. The context here is not some small town law breaking but the very real anarchy and lawlessness of international relations. Maybe the UN should should send it's non-existent police force and arrest some cyber savvy Russkies, or Obama and Hillary should sue Putin in the International Court of Justice ... Oh wait! We don't recognize that court's jurisdiction. Happy New Year and better comparisons in the future.

Don't be silly. The context here is not some small town law breaking but the very real anarchy and lawlessness of international relations. Maybe the UN should should send it's non-existent police force and arrest some cyber savvy Russkies, or Obama and Hillary should sue Putin in the International Court of Justice ... Oh wait! We don't recognize that court's jurisdiction. Happy New Year and better comparisons in the future.

So because there isn't any international law or enforcement arm, the US is either grandstanding or being weak by taking unilateral actions? That's your reading of this situation?

So because there isn't any international law or enforcement arm, the US is either grandstanding or being weak by taking unilateral actions? That's your reading of this situation?

The known actions taken are weak, will not have any lasting effect, and reflect poorly on us. They are for domestic consumption only.

Back