• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Yea, the press throwing up this witch hunt stuff is preventing Pubs from important stuff like repealing Obamacare and building a wall. Not sure you can get stupider than this.

And for sure this guy was all #BENGHAZI.

(and her emails!)

78% of this is correct. Do you think Democrats were ever going to give him a chance?

Since we knew that Trump was a morally bankrupt treasonous moron before Election Day, you're correct Democrats were never going to give that piece of shit a chance.

Last edited:
Here's what a rube thinks...

Quote:
----------
GEORGE D. CAMPBELL, Winston-Salem

A distraction

What’s happening right now with Donald Trump Jr. is the very definition of a witch hunt.

Democrats have been looking for something to condemn President Trump with since before the election. They have nitpicked every little off-hand tweet or joke he’s made, trying to portray him as a traitor and a nut. They weren’t going to give him a chance no matter what. And the press was complicit.

And now, since they can’t pin anything on the president, they’re going after his son (“Emails putting focus on Trump Jr.,” July 12).

Who cares if he met some lawyer before the election? He was just meeting a friend of a friend. He didn’t get anything from her. He didn’t do anything illegal.

This is just a distraction the press is throwing up to keep Congress from repealing Obamacare and building the wall to keep illegal immigrants out.

Folks, we have bigger fish to fry.
----------

It is not cool to reveal JH's identity like this. Next delete the authors name.

Easy.

Southern strategy + superior messaging through fear-mongering and economic mythology in the Midwest + TV personality charisma = narrow EC win.

Had nothing to do with Russian hacking or collusion. But evidence of attempted collusion and possible criminal activity should be investigated. A good place to start is to just ask the campaign who they met with and why, which was done, and nothing but lies came from those mild inquiries. This mess is squarely on the shoulders of Trump, the leader of this band of nitwits, not the dems or the press.

Last edited:
Since we knew that Trump was a morally bankrupt treasonous moron before Election Day, no Democrats were never going to give that piece of shit a chance.

This is 95% correct. The other 5% is that he is a proven poor business man, has bad instincts, he is a bull shitting con man and a draft dodger. Otherwise spot on.

Let's assume you guys are 100% right and he is 100% wrong.
Why do enough people think like him to elect Donald Trump the President?

Is that why GOP is all anti-education and anti-science lately? They are trying to keep their sheep too dumb to understand what they are really doing. Maybe Trump just "loves the under educated"! Shit, we already knew that, he told us.

Is that why GOP is all anti-education and anti-science lately? They are trying to keep their sheep too dumb to understand what they are really doing. Maybe Trump just "loves the under educated"! Shit, we already knew that, he told us.

Logic and reason are the arch-nemeses of conservative ideology. If people are thinking for themselves, then they won't listen to the lies you are telling them to keep them in order.

The Church has a huge lead on the GOP, though. Centuries of abusing their constituents have led them to be really good at lying to them and convincing them nothing is wrong. The Church never would have made the same mistakes the head of the GOP and his family made in the past year and a half.

Why do enough people think like him to elect Donald Trump the President?

Because people can be shitty, and they can elect shitty leaders. Hell, Hitler rose to power through democratic elections and he's basically the poster child for a monstrous despot. That's the first lesson the Germans hammer home in their national museum (complete with preserved ballots, etc) - that democracy is fragile and the public can, and has in the past, chosen to be led by awful individuals.

I would add - the antidote to this kind of virus in the body public is education. That's why the German system (post Hitler) is so strict on education standards across the board. No home schooling. No private religious education that doesn't strictly stick to national curriculum standards. You attack the problem at it roots to make for a healthier democracy.

[in response to comments about Germans and education above]

...and a good and free press (also dependent on education).

Problem for us is too many believe that a government-regulated education is necessarily an evil or bad thing. Similar to government regulation of guns, business etc. It's always (or nearly so) bad for "government" to possess such powers, they seem to believe. So Pubs rise to power spouting drivel such as the "answer" to (nearly) all problems is "less" government or regulation or taxes. It's just so simple. Details and results be damned. So then when they attain power they embody dysfunctional governing.

Yes, we need a robust education and healthy skepticism. And fact-based reporting. And a renewal of civic responsibility.

The Akhmetshin disclosure and subsequent silence by the admin speaks volumes. If you're going to disclose the e-mail, at least tell the truth about who was there and what was disclosed or wasn't disclosed. It's not like anything was illegal, but they wanted to downplay the one element that the media is going to upplay regardless. They've made a somethingburger out of a nothingburger, the dumbasses. I suspect Trump is pondering the fate of his son and son-in-law in his admin, though I think only Kushner is officially employed by the admin. The response to this will speak volumes going forward. Kushner has been quiet this whole time, so he has some wiggle room since it was Junior who gave the interview. Not sure if they've been interviewed by the feds yet, but lying to them is one way to find yourself in jail.

There weren't people at that meeting in Trump Tower. "“The June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort included at least eight people,” CNN reports."

https://politicalwire.com/2017/07/14/8-people-trump-tower-russia-meeting/

Basically, everything Donnie, Daddy, Jared and others have said has proven to be a lie. Why should anyone believe anything any of them say?

78% of this is correct. Do you think Democrats were ever going to give any Republican president a chance?

Despite my lack of qualifications to carry your laptop bag, allow me to correct your sentence. In my lifetime, Democrats have increasingly belittled and insulted the intelligence and capabilities of every R pres from Reagan, forward.

The Akhmetshin disclosure and subsequent silence by the admin speaks volumes. If you're going to disclose the e-mail, at least tell the truth about who was there and what was disclosed or wasn't disclosed. It's not like anything was illegal, but they wanted to downplay the one element that the media is going to upplay regardless. They've made a somethingburger out of a nothingburger, the dumbasses. I suspect Trump is pondering the fate of his son and son-in-law in his admin, though I think only Kushner is officially employed by the admin. The response to this will speak volumes going forward. Kushner has been quiet this whole time, so he has some wiggle room since it was Junior who gave the interview. Not sure if they've been interviewed by the feds yet, but lying to them is one way to find yourself in jail.

Well we don't know yet that nothing was illegal, so I don't know why you can confidently state that. Maybe they lied about it because they didn't want people to find out what was going on.

Despite my lack of qualifications to carry your laptop bag, allow me to correct your sentence. In my lifetime, Democrats have increasingly belittled and insulted the intelligence and capabilities of every R pres from Reagan, forward.

So is that why Republicans nominated and elected an unintelligent, incapable Trump?

Back