• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Yeah, like numbers said Obama greatly underestimated the threat from Russia, the invasion of Georgia and then the attempted reset were mistakes. From that point on it has been fairly clear that geopolitically Russia has been a huge problem. Opinions on Russia within the public and in government were sinking to Cold War lows all the way up until 2017, where conservatives did a complete turn around. Not conservatives in Congress but people listening to their choice of media. Liberal opinions on the matter haven’t moved outside the trend for the last 3 Years, can’t say the same about conservatives.

These catamount posts are just versions of the Trump Calvin peeing on democrats sticker. Doesn't matter if it's right, as long as dems are riled up.

In retrospect only because it now benefits your team to feel that way, such is the hypocrisy.

no, i think the fact that russia has appropriated land in crimea and the ukraine and has been shown to actively thwart our activs in the middle east and interfere with our electoral process we're in a different place than 2008

lulz, Russia in recent history has always and will always be a geopolitical threat. Dems didn't want to hear that when they were selling them uranium tho.

Yeah, sucks that they used all that uranium to turn around and attack our election process. If only we had known/elected Romney.

You do realize that Russia as a partisan issue is a complete conservative movement in the direction away from the favorability norm, liberals have stayed relatively in the exact same place.

So forgetting who said Russia was or wasn't a threat when for a moment (just for a moment, not forever Pubs, I'm not taking away Romney's comments from you), let's assume that Russia was at the time of the Romney statement a 5 threat on a 10 point scale.

Five years later, does anyone disagree that the geopolitical threat Russia poses has changed from a 5 out of 10? 5 is just an arbitrary number, maybe it was a 9, maybe it was a 3. For purposes of this activity, pick a number when Romney made his statement and then answer "has this number changed."

So forgetting who said Russia was or wasn't a threat when for a moment (just for a moment, not forever Pubs, I'm not taking away Romney's comments from you), let's assume that Russia was at the time of the Romney statement a 5 threat on a 10 point scale.

Five years later, does anyone disagree that the geopolitical threat Russia poses has changed from a 5 out of 10? 5 is just an arbitrary number, maybe it was a 9, maybe it was a 3. For purposes of this activity, pick a number when Romney made his statement and then answer "has this number changed."

Too confusing. Better stick with Trump pissibg on dimocrats

Where was this heartfelt concern about Russia! When Russians! Gained a rapid-onset charitable interest in the Clinton Foundation? I seem to recall a great deal of affirmative lack of concern each time these issues were raised (the 80's called...). Suddenly, you guys find Cold War Religion, and I am supposed to just ignore how transparent it is? Sorry, but I prefer my concerns to be genuine.

Genuine=crushes democrats

Did the number only change because Russia! Starting to impact Democrats? Kinda seems like it.

Actual Russia has been a legitimate concern since 1944. I don't know how somebody aiming icbms at your major cities is ever less than an 8.

I can't even follow what he's arguing anymore. Just a bunch of odd gyrations to point at Dems

Did the number only change because Russia! Starting to impact Democrats? Kinda seems like it.

Actual Russia has been a legitimate concern since 1944. I don't know how somebody aiming icbms at your major cities is ever less than an 8.

No, you seem to believe the number only changed because of the impact on Democrats but I don't think that invading an autonomous region in violation of international law is or should be a partisan American political issue.

No, you seem to believe the number only changed because of the impact on Democrats but I don't think that invading an autonomous region in violation of international law is or should be a partisan American political issue.

Did a strawman tell you that?

I get that you guys are slow to the actual Russian problem. But they've been a problem for over half a century.

Did a strawman tell you that?

I get that you guys are slow to the actual Russian problem. But they've been a problem for over half a century.

So is there a problem or isn't there? I'm confused from a couple weeks ago when there didn't seem to be much of a problem. Or there was a problem as it related to geopolitical standing and Russia's threat to America, but simply not in the arena of Russia trying to meddle in American politics? It's really hard to keep the chart straight these days.

I can't even follow what he's arguing anymore. Just a bunch of odd gyrations to point at Dems

It isn't hard. People who only cared about Russia! When (they presume) russia! Hurt their domestic political fortunes aren't credible. Bonus: they don't know a lot about domestic politics either, it seems.

So is there a problem or isn't there? I'm confused from a couple weeks ago when there didn't seem to be much of a problem. Or there was a problem as it related to geopolitical standing and Russia's threat to America, but simply not in the arena of Russia trying to meddle in American politics? It's really hard to keep the chart straight these days.

Russia is a problem except for meddling to help the Republican candidate for president. but definitely a problem for meddling to help the Democratic candidate for president.

It isn't hard. People who only cared about Russia! When (they presume) russia! Hurt their domestic political fortunes aren't credible. Bonus: they don't know a lot about domestic politics either, it seems.

I stand corrected from last night. This breaks the self-awareness meter.

Back