• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Get Out made $30.5M opening weekend on a $4.5M budget with a first time director.

Last edited:
Get Out was great! We kind of felt like we were watching a 2 hour episode of Black Mirror. Best movie that me and the lady have gone to see in a while. Hopefully Peele keeps up the work!

yeah get out was the most fun ive had seeing a movie in the theater in quite some time. granted the last few movies ive seen there were moonlight and manchester.

Want to catch a couple movies this week while on the road. Pick 2: Split, Get Out, JW 2.

Saw Manchester last night and thought it was fantastic. So many feels. Affleck was just tremendous.

Also saw Arrival. Really thought I was going to like it a lot. Didn't. Just very meh for me.

Also saw Edge of Seventeen last night. Really enjoyed it. Worth a watch IMO.

16991828_1343288205747812_8249304163299533003_o.jpg

Bethonie Butler would've been a great name for the substitute teacher sketch.

Ive been looking forward to a documentary called "Tickled" for nearly a year now and it just premiered on HBO. It starts off as a silly project about competitive tickling competitions and it gets really weird and ominous.

Last edited:
I fell asleep in part 3 of moonlight

Need to reset

I'm not sure this director will have anything left

I watched Moonlight last night too. The first two acts were great, riveting even. Act III was super boring and Chiron's physical transformation was a little far fetched, even if you consider where he had been. Just because you didn't like La La Land doesn't mean this movie is great. Mehershala Ali was terrific though and as gay handjob movies go, this one is probably the best.

Also recently saw Mike and Steve Need Wedding Dates (Adam Devine, Zac Effron, Aubrey Plaza, Anna Kendrick). Pretty bad movie, raunchy, a few good gags. Anna Kendrick looks awful in this movie.

But "the Boss" starring Melissa McCarthy is ten times worse. Avoid at all costs.

I watched Moonlight last night too. The first two acts were great, riveting even. Act III was super boring and Chiron's physical transformation was a little far fetched, even if you consider where he had been. Just because you didn't like La La Land doesn't mean this movie is great. Mehershala Ali was terrific though and as gay handjob movies go, this one is probably the best.

which other movies are on that list?

Ive been looking forward to a documentary called "Tickled" for nearly a year now and it just premiered on HBO. It starts off as a silly project about competitive tickling competitions and it gets really weird and ominous.

you ever listen to that dollop episode? pretty funny stuff.

I also watched Moonlight last night for the first time. Less plot-driven than I expected, but the emotional intensity was pretty impressive. Very well acted. Agree with biff re: Chiron's physical transformation, but I thought the dude did a good job making the character pretty believable in line with the previous iterations.

Back