• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

just saw spiderman with my two boys are we all loved it. Great superhero movie.

Just saw these 3, each of them easily the 3 best movies i've seen over the summer and probably the year.

1) War for the Planet of the Apes. Nominate Serkis for best actor dammit, I mean that. My only minor complaint - the "Ape-pocalypse now!" gag made me flashback to the god-awful Burton version and his Ape Lincoln ending. It was appropriate though, Woody was basically Col. Kurtz.
2) Baby Driver. I half expected to not be all that enthused by it, but yeah, it deserves the hype. Wright has a spotless record for what I've seen (Spaced, the Cornetto trilogy, Scott Pilgrim). Minor complaint - I could do without the Atlanta twins appearance.
3) Dunkirk. Everybody's raving and they should. The film really kept the tension up throughout. I was most looking forward to the dogfighting scenes and they did not let me down. Minor complaint - the chronology could at times be confusing. Major complaint - I didn't see it on IMAX 70MM. That will be rectified though.

Just bought my tix to see Dunkirk tomorrow at the Air & Space IMAX. Pretty cised.

Just bought my tix to see Dunkirk tomorrow at the Air & Space IMAX. Pretty cised.

Udvar Hazy? Or the one on the Mall?

I saw Interstellar at UV and it fucking blew my mind. I could barely walk afterward.

I saw The Big Sick. It was really good. Kumail Nanjiani will be in a lot of movies.

3 hours is a lot. But I get it if it's that big of a deal.

I drove 2 hours to the IMAX at Concord Mills to see Phantom Menace with friends who lived in the Triad and Gastonia.

Dunkirk is excellent. The lack of dialogue makes it drag at first. Then.....damn. Really good.

3 hours is a lot. But I get it if it's that big of a deal.

I drove 2 hours to the IMAX at Concord Mills to see Phantom Menace with friends who lived in the Triad and Gastonia.

That must have been a pissed off 2 hr drive back home

After watching and rewatching these pretty often lately, I can say that Moana > Frozen

Yikes, The Emoji Movie opens with a 9 on Metacritic...a NINE! Sony Pictures Animated is like the DC comicbook movie equivalent of the animation world. How do they keep screwing this up?

Last edited:
Back