• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Just saw Kubo and the Two Strings again. Forgot how good it was. It hands down should have won best animated film last year and was one of my favorite movies released last year

Colossal was a fun movie - Jason Sudeikis should take more bad guy roles.

Latest Apes highly entertaining

Sometimes a tad slow but solid end to the trilogy

Saw Dunkirk today. Maybe I psyched myself into seeing Saving Private Ryan 2.0 but it wasn't what I expected -- slower with not a ton of action yet tense (thanks Hans Zimmer) and forboding much of the time. Great acting, score, and story telling but something felt off. It's hard to explain, I guess.

Tom Hardy is a boss, though.

Overall, I'd recommend it, but yea, it wasnt the "blockbuster"'I was expecting. Perhaps that is my fault.

Saw Dunkirk today. Maybe I psyched myself into seeing Saving Private Ryan 2.0 but it wasn't what I expected -- slower with not a ton of action yet tense (thanks Hans Zimmer) and forboding much of the time. Great acting, score, and story telling but something felt off. It's hard to explain, I guess.

Tom Hardy is a boss, though.

Overall, I'd recommend it, but yea, it wasnt the "blockbuster"'I was expecting. Perhaps that is my fault.

SPR is overrated

What about the trailers ever suggested to you it would be a blockbuster?

SPR is overrated

What about the trailers ever suggested to you it would be a blockbuster?

SPR overrated? Yikes. The beach landing scene alone was ground breaking.

Like I said, it's on me for expecting a SPR-esque movie but given all the hype leading up to a WWII movie about an epic true story, there was a part of me that def envisioned lots of "pew pew" battle scenes.

That said I still enjoyed it especially the aerial scenes.

Enjoyed Logan Lucky yesterday. Thought Daniel Craig and Adam Driver were particularly excellent. Not familiar with Riley Keough before this movie, but her character was great and she is easy on the eyes. Katie Holmes continues to age very well.

Not surprisingly, Kong Skull Island (John Goodman, Samuel L. Jackson) was not good. Good movie to put on for the kids but barely even a popcorn flick, super dumb dialogue and a lot of the CGI is bad. But again, what the hell would one expect. It will babysit your kids for 2 hours.

I've seen Logan Lucky and The Hitman's Bodyguard in the past ten days. Each is good. Logan Lucky is sort of Soderbergh lite but still good. You can't miss that he's the director but isn't in upper echelon of his work. Each is worth seeing.

Just watched "Eyes of My Mother", a very good and very fucked up black and white horror movie that came out recently. It's a creative mash up of "Night of the Hunter"-style noir suspense, and french new wave horror, such as Martyrs or High Intensity. It's the 2nd best horror film i've seen this year.

Just finished nocturnal animals. Now that's a movie! Really good. Thinking mans film tho, no transformers and death stars crap. Some review fella nailed it, Like a film noir plus Hitchcock plus p good acting. whew. See that one

Back